• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

sy-27-4 sirio beam antenna

roger460xvr

Feb 7, 2016
went together great,,,but gamma match is giving me a fit,,,the l-2 and l-1 lengths are not working,,,have the beam 10 feet off the ground right now will this work intill I get the swr right? WHEN I rise it to 40 feet will the swr change to much? once up no way to tune the gamma...need some help please..ROGER

back in the day the way we adjusted beams was stand them up on end and make sure no metal fences or roofs was close then adjusted the gammas for best swr,,,, then hoisted the beam up on tower/pole,,,,, always worked for us back then,,,, we used string to balance the beam up on end,,, and didnt stand next to beam when checking the swrs,,,,

Reactions: Needle Bender
No; the beam is straight up.
That means that the gamma will be parallel to the ground.
Robb, are you meaning put the reflector side of the beam parallel close to the ground while having the director side pointing up? Does the beam point from reflector towards the director when aiming to talk to someone? Do you have any dimensions on the l1 and l2 to get me close?

Robb, are you meaning put the reflector side of the beam parallel close to the ground while having the director side pointing up? Does the beam point from reflector towards the director when aiming to talk to someone?
Yes and yes.
Pointing the antenna skyward is just for the purpose of tuning the gamma match. Use a very short jumper cable to your antenna analyzer when tuning..

Yes and yes.
Pointing the antenna skyward is just for the purpose of tuning the gamma match. Use a very short jumper cable to your antenna analyzer when tuning..
thanks robb give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes,,still have the imax up on the other tower on a switch box ,,thanks for all of yalls help,,,ROGER

thanks robb give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it goes,,still have the imax up on the other tower on a switch box ,,thanks for all of yalls help,,,ROGER
BY THE WAY ONLY HAVE A DOSY PM-1000 SWR METER TO USE..RIGHT NOW AT 10 FEET OFF THE GROUND AT HORIZONTAL I HAVE CHANNEL 40 HAVE 1,6 CHANNEL 1 1,3

BY THE WAY ONLY HAVE A DOSY PM-1000 SWR METER TO USE..RIGHT NOW AT 10 FEET OFF THE GROUND AT HORIZONTAL I HAVE CHANNEL 40 HAVE 1,6 CHANNEL 1 1,3

Id leave it at that. Resonance will go up a bit when you raise it from 10ft.
Or as the guys say ,stand it straight up with the reflector a foot or two off the ground ( dont sit the reflector on the ground)to adjust. I sit mine on a plastic milk crate.

Reactions: midnight special
Id leave it at that. Resonance will go up a bit when you raise it from 10ft.
Or as the guys say ,stand it straight up with the reflector a foot or two off the ground ( dont sit the reflector on the ground)to adjust. I sit mine on a plastic milk crate.
up in the air,,but not as good as I thought they was going to be,,got to be pointing right at the person exact..so I listen with the I-max the switch back andforth on the box trying to tune the signal in till it is strong as the I-max

up in the air,,but not as good as I thought they was going to be,,got to be pointing right at the person exact..so I listen with the I-max the switch back andforth on the box trying to tune the signal in till it is strong as the I-max
only good for talking skip I guess...

Roger the yagi works well,
If you have it installed horizontal and you are try8ng to talk local then it will seem like it is not working well.
The difference in polarity can be as much as 3 S units or 18 db or more.

Roger the yagi works well,
If you have it installed horizontal and you are try8ng to talk local then it will seem like it is not working well.
The difference in polarity can be as much as 3 S units or 18 db or more.
thanks wavrider....trying to figure it out..i listen then try to point there direction....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated