• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Talked to WalMart Today on a HT?

no, there is always a ON DUTY police officer stationed at walmart in Deridder, LA. why?..... i don't really know, but i know they are there because i shop there often.

This is commonly done as part of the bargaining process to get past the zoning commissions. My employer had to bribe...errr employ the local police force 24/7 as an overtime project for a full year in order to get a few things past the local town's zoning board when they opened the site.

Of course it's like having a rattler in a sack. it's all good until that year is over and you open the sack. Once we stopped paying them off....err employing them, they spent a few months in the parking lot running registrations and having people's vehicles impounded....or finding warrants and picking them up when they got off shift and headed to their cars. To protect and to serve.... life in suburbia, the new armed camp.

I think complaints went up to state level through political connections to finally get the harassment stopped.

This is commonly done as part of the bargaining process ...
I think complaints went up to state level through political connections to finally get the harassment stopped.

yep, thats kinda where i was trying to get him thinking, you can't tell an off from an on duty cop just by looking.

also, it's often nice to be a member of the (civilian controlled) police revue board;);)

My local walmart used that freq for years. The range was incredible. Their antenna is/was an inverted mag mount hanging from the ceiling in the dressing room area. The radio was a spiffy looking rig with power supply located at the dressing room desk. The antenna and radio are now gone, but their is an HT on the desk. The rig probably went in the trash or the store manager has it on his bass boat. I think that freq is also part of the FCC part 90 rules, and if they have a lic they can still use it. The other "security Freq" they use is 151.625 mhz. I know they don't have a lic for that one, it's an itinerant freq used for persons on the go like plumbers, electricians,etc. I agree, the type acceptance is probably an issue here. What about stores using GMRS without a lic?

The local walmart here just recently started using murs. We use channel 3 around here mostly but one day I was at Chongs house helping him tune an antenna so we switched over to 5. Well some lady at walmart heard us and started going nuts yelling at us. We tried to explain the rules but she did not care to listen.

I checked to see if they were licensed to any vhf freqs and their not. They have no licenses at all in this county.

I checked the Murs frequencies last week after reading this thread and sure enough, they are on channel 3 here in Rice Lake WI. The Menards just down the road uses channel 5. I still haven't figured out the details on how to get half off on a big screen tv, by using a radio. :D

i thought i'd post another interesting tidbit of info that i have found. the military police here at fort polk uses a gmrs frequency for coms. 462.005. they even have a repeater system setup complete with pl tone. it's the only activity i've heard on the gmrs frequencies around my area, except for the occasional kids messing with the little HT's you buy at bass pro shops and the like.

462.005Mhz is not a GMRS frequency. I don't think I would question the MP's on the use of the frequency - I'm guessing they know what they're doing, LOL.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated