• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Telex part # 04369 matching transformer

rabbiporkchop

Jan 18, 2007
pennsylvania
I have piles of Electro-Voice microphones that need this matching transformer. Has anyone found a suitable replacement with a 4:1 impedance ratio since Telex sold Turner?
The new manufacturer of the Chinese built Road King 56 refuses to sell parts. Here Is the transformer:
DSCN5698_zps5ceaqxuj.jpg

DSCN5699_zpsde4xlsry.jpg

Here are a couple of the Microphones I am trying to impedance-match:
DSCN5729_zpsppumafbt.jpg

DSCN5715_zpshwqrarth.jpg

Rabbi Chop -
Maybe this fella will workView attachment 18032
5/16" diameter.
Sold here:
http://www.surplussales.com/class/inductor/audio_sealed_lowimp_transformers.html

About the 7th one down on the page.
73s.

You beat me too it. i did a Google search and was working my way down the page from Hammond to Digikey and was looking at Surplus Sales and thought "AH-HAA That is what he needs" then I came here to spread the good news but you beat me too it. LOL. (y)

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
All the guys that do direct injection especially if they are using something like Motor Mouth Maul or Asymod use 4:1 transformers. Anytime they start adding studio gear that was just not intended to be feeding a CB radio they get issues. I can not think of the guys handle now but his logo has a donkey and two hammers and I think it is something like "No Name" or "Stick Man"???

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
All the guys that do direct injection especially if they are using something like Motor Mouth Maul or Asymod use 4:1 transformers. Anytime they start adding studio gear that was just not intended to be feeding a CB radio they get issues. I can not think of the guys handle now but his logo has a donkey and two hammers and I think it is something like "No Name" or "Stick Man"???
Finding an audio Transformer with a 1:2 winding ratio and a 1:4 impedance ratio is kind of tricky nowadays especially when you're trying to match 150 ohm cartridge to a 600 ohm input on a radio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.