• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tested my dipole

My feed point will be at 18' from the ground. 7' off the top of the garage.
The 1" pvc is much stronger and droops slightly when held up even without the angle arms on yet. I've even figured out a way to manually turn it from the ground.
In hindsight, I could have run my feed point out of the center tee and routed the coax within the mast.

Last edited:
I ran out of daylight. It's ready to go outside. This gave me more time to make the mount which screws to the garage. I also found more time to wrap the rope bushings around the 1.25" pvc handle.
All I have left is to paint the mount, glue the handle into the mast, and put it up.

20150201_003501.jpg20150201_002650.jpg

Good work 309!! Looks pretty sturdy from the pics. Make sure to put up a couple of pics after its up. Might be interested in doing this with an extra dipole I have. Thanks much and again keep at it man!!

Reactions: 309hellinois
Thanks for the kind words 222. I'll get some pictures up when it's complete.
I've always learned better with hands on projects. This has been fun and I've learned a little from it. I'm excited to get it up higher and try it out.

Feed point is at 18' I hear a lot of distant stations over the noise now. I'm not saying it's miraculous but an improvement from when it was at 12 or 13 feet. Made it to AZ and southern cal so far.

Looks great i was thinking of suggesting a pip inside a pipe to rotate it but it looks like you already had it under control.
I may add yet another sleeve for a moxon build. The upper mast is double walled rotating inside 2" pvc. I was able to raise it with one arm after I got the top clamp around it. Light and pretty sturdy. Will see what it does when the weather warms up.
The upper angle arm T's are ported to slide over the 1" arms and secure/ adjust. More strength that way

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.