• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

tested my dipole

To be honest if you're going to put a rotator up I'd bin the dipole and build a Moxon rectangle then you get loads of gain and rear/side rejection. You cannot appreciate just how much being able to hear what you want without hearing everyone else is worth until you've tried a beam.

Whilst you're at it go to this site, enter your location and it'll print out an azimuth map so you know where to point it.

http://ns6t.net/azimuth/
Thanks for the link to the azimuth map. That is very helpful.
With the warmer weather this spring, I'll get a moxon up. The neighbors don't seem to be phased by 17 ft of pvc in the air. Gain and rejection should be nice.

Update: This is no longer up due to my landlord. The PVC held up great through heavy winds, ice and even the heat through the summer. This stood for over 2 years. The only thing I would change on the setup would be a way to keep it from turning with the wind.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.