• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star 32 ?/ and is Bells cb going downhill?

Never heard of a "32 Viking" as he calls it in the video, it looks like he made a phone call and had that monster sent to him in a complete state. That amp looks very professional.

Screwdriver has been in the CB radio scene for years, I HIGHLY DOUBT he secured an LED strip with duct-tape, & I am certain he knows what heat-shrink is....
More internet drama I suppose who knows who has had hands inside that 2547?
@ 4:38 you can clearly see a chip out of the paint on the bezel, this radio is not "new" by any means..
Like I said who knows how many people stuck their hands inside that radio before the JokerMan got it on his 'bench?

I love how Jokerman describes that it has "no tone"..:sleep: @6:43
(because the negative peaks pinch the carrier on his 'scope, the one that has insufficient bandwidth for what he wants to sample) :(:confused: If anything it's probably "loud as hell" with that MD-1 switched on. :whistle:

Last edited:
They made a 3200 Viking. It was a 16 pill but what he has looks like 2 sweet sixteens he put togethet. That's what a 3200 was but it had a proper faceplate and wiring. You didn't have to throw 2 power switches and 2 delay switches.

They made a 3200 Viking. It was a 16 pill but what he has looks like 2 sweet sixteens he put togethet. That's what a 3200 was but it had a proper faceplate and wiring. You didn't have to throw 2 power switches and 2 delay switches.
Looks like this new amp was put together at a later period, but from "common" Texas Star parts?
I would like to see the combiner scheme, or anything else inside for that matter.

Last edited:
Yes the jokerman is full of.....I thought the "32" looked like 2 16ing put side by side, and that rig he says came from Bells...I have gotten 4 rigs from bells over the years, and they where always right. The joker a few videos back said he was now in hawaii, yet the box next to him had his adderss on it, and it was not hawaii.....

Jokerman is in South Carolina. I guessed I missed the video that said he was in Hawaii.
I have purchased two radios from Bells CB, and my very good friend has also purchased two radios from Bells CB.
Screwdriver does the work. He hasn't had a technician helping him in quite some time.
The two radios my good friend purchased from Bells CB, he had major issues with both. One is a Ranger RCI-2970N4. It had a frequency conversion and peak/tune done at Bells. And an extra circuit was installed by Bells (Top Gun Compressor). When received, It did not have any power output. Rather than send it back to Bells, he sent it to authorized Ranger repair facility.
They had to remove the Top Gun compressor circuitry as it was over driving the AM modulator (I think that is what it is called) SB754 ......and knocked it out. Also replaced another associated item. They got it fixed up and it has been operating very good for 6 months now. Bells CB should have known this.
His other radio is a Magnum 1. Bells shop did something additional to the frequency conversion, I don't remember what. My friend had modulation and talk back issues from the beginning. He sent it to RFLimited repair and they undid what Bells had done (except for the frequency conversion).
On my two radios, one was a Galaxy DX959B PRO (this is one of Bells CB modified radios). When I received it, it did not have any power forward swing, not in AM or SSB mode. I had to send it back to Bells. I will say that after receiving it for the second time, it has operated just fine. But it should have the first time.
My other radio, Ranger RCI-2995DX CF, I had him do the frequency conversion, peak/tune, install an echo board (which I never use), and talk back function ( which I also never use). Also installed a 6 pin high/low switch, which cuts off the built in amplifier and cooling fans. This enables me to run a low drive amplifier if I choose to.
The radio has operated fine. But the soldering job on the 6 pin switch and where attached to the PCB was less than professional. It looked really, well not good.
The cooling fan wires were not spliced in very well either, and had a bare wire strand touching the corner of the heat sink fins.
Bottom line, I would purchase some things from Bells CB again, but not any radios that he had opened up to do any work on.

"Jokerman" uses phrases like "trust me", "I don't rip people off", etc., way too much. My experience has been that people who over use such phrases engage in behavior that is opposite the statement.

Just like those Police videos where the suspect is being interviewed and he tells the officer,"ok I'm not gonna lie to you now". LOL

Reactions: Sarasota Slim
Jokerman is in South Carolina. I guessed I missed the video that said he was in Hawaii.
I have purchased two radios from Bells CB, and my very good friend has also purchased two radios from Bells CB.
Screwdriver does the work. He hasn't had a technician helping him in quite some time.
The two radios my good friend purchased from Bells CB, he had major issues with both. One is a Ranger RCI-2970N4. It had a frequency conversion and peak/tune done at Bells. And an extra circuit was installed by Bells (Top Gun Compressor). When received, It did not have any power output. Rather than send it back to Bells, he sent it to authorized Ranger repair facility.
They had to remove the Top Gun compressor circuitry as it was over driving the AM modulator (I think that is what it is called) SB754 ......and knocked it out. Also replaced another associated item. They got it fixed up and it has been operating very good for 6 months now. Bells CB should have known this.
His other radio is a Magnum 1. Bells shop did something additional to the frequency conversion, I don't remember what. My friend had modulation and talk back issues from the beginning. He sent it to RFLimited repair and they undid what Bells had done (except for the frequency conversion).
On my two radios, one was a Galaxy DX959B PRO (this is one of Bells CB modified radios). When I received it, it did not have any power forward swing, not in AM or SSB mode. I had to send it back to Bells. I will say that after receiving it for the second time, it has operated just fine. But it should have the first time.
My other radio, Ranger RCI-2995DX CF, I had him do the frequency conversion, peak/tune, install an echo board (which I never use), and talk back function ( which I also never use). Also installed a 6 pin high/low switch, which cuts off the built in amplifier and cooling fans. This enables me to run a low drive amplifier if I choose to.
The radio has operated fine. But the soldering job on the 6 pin switch and where attached to the PCB was less than professional. It looked really, well not good.
The cooling fan wires were not spliced in very well either, and had a bare wire strand touching the corner of the heat sink fins.
Bottom line, I would purchase some things from Bells CB again, but not any radios that he had opened up to do any work on.
Wow, I'm sorry you had that bad luck. I too have a rci2970n4 and had screwdriver put in Toshbas,and the TGC. I have never had a problem.I also had screwdriver do some work on an Optima mk2 to bring it up to speed, It works well. I hope there not a problem done at his shop....

Reactions: jon666

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?