• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Star 32 ?/ and is Bells cb going downhill?

I only listened to a few parts of it. I heard that he was running his antenna as a sloper and assumed that he didnt have a clue. What kind of coax and analyzer did he use? Fiberglass body? Could be a million things wrong that have nothing to do with the radio.

The guy was 5 miles away from me right across the valley and none of those things mentioned would distort his audio in that way.

Mark said in the last video a the 955 used high level modulation in AM mode. Modulation percentage of a collector modulated transmitter will change when working into a bad load. If bad enough the audio sounds like poo because the waveform is severely distorted.

Of course collector modulated applies to bipolar finals. Can anyone confirm or deny that mosfets used in a high level modulated transmitter would be any different?

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.