• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

THE ENCODER

Aug 30, 2010
HELLO THIS POST IS TO CLEAR THE AIR ON SOME PAST ISSUES AND TALKS
IT MAKES ME HAPPY TO POST ON THIS LATEST MOD BOARDS FROM FARMERDAVE AND THE REST OF US AT THE_MOD WE ARE GLAD TO SEE ALL THE MEMBERS WHO WANT TO BE INVOLVED IN THERE OWN RADIO WORK AND HOPE TO SEE MORE IN THE CHAT GROUP...
OK I HAVE READ POSTED THOUGHTS OF THE_MOD BEING DEAD WELL FAR FROM THAT AND AS MANY MIGHT HAVE SEEN POST OF OTHERS WANTING TO CLAIM THAT THERE MODS ARE THE BEST I SAY VIDEO'S AND PROOF ARE THE BEST FOR LETTING OTHER SEE WHERE WE ALL STAIND SO HERE IS A SHORT VIDEO OF MY CONNEX 3300HP WITH NO BAND OR HI'LO OR 10KC AND NO OVERLAPS OR LOST BAND COVERAGE ENJOY... THIS IS THE ENCODER ALSO HAVE THE 9M AND THE VERY LATEST R4A COMING SOON THE ENCODER, THIS IS FARMERDAVE'S ENCODER MOD plasticaudio on USTREAM. Other Technology OK WHEN IT SHOWS CHANNELS YOU WILL SEE AFTER -199 2.0.0 THE DOTS WERE USED FOR MINUS

Last edited:

THE ENCODER MOD

has 7 button function ch jump up/dn scan40 scan40+ programable home channel and freq read out ...Connex now has no 10k switch, and band knob this was used for encoder function's

IT HAS NO CHANNEL LOSS OR SKIPS

ENCODER takes up less space then origionl setup

Attachments

• CONNEX2.jpg
    CONNEX2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 133
Can somebody help me out here and give me more details on this FarmerDave Encoder Mod?

I've combed through the files under "the_mod" YahooGroup, and haven't seen any reference to this. It's obviously not the original mod using the 27C32 eproms. Maybe an update using a PIC uC? I suspect this might be the "858" mod, except I can't open the .PDFs. (Same with the "Poormans 192 Mod Revised" and others - they're either corrupt or just don't like Acrobat 8 Pro, and I really don't want to uninstall my expensive retail s/w and install Acrobat Reader 9.)

So is FarmerDave producing and selling them like "Mad Max?" Or did he release the design like "the_mod?" Did I miss something? What exactly is the deal with these?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.