• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

The old FCC issued cb call signs

My Dads was KDV4778, Gypsey Boy in Deer Park, Tx Local Channel 21. Shot alot of skip out the back room. Also used the handel Dusty Britches some. Man, I miss him and the times we had. RIP dad.(y)

Old CB Licenses

That is the reason I jumped on this site, I remember my grandpa and a couple uncles having to fill out that paperwork and spending some decent money to get their CB licenses. They did it for something to do as family and a way to keep in contact with. Was fun!! Granpas' license I believe was KNN-2121. I don't remember what my uncles were. But grandpa played on an old Navaho CB. The same kind of radio I am playing on today!! I wish I could find that license. Would be fun just to call his old numbers out there again. Looking forward to being a part of this group. Sizeing up getting my "ham" ticket. My dad is Charles WB8LGA from Ohio.

KJT-6691 The one and only Chicken Choker - Livermore California. Double C. That was me in the 70's. Still have my jacket with my old handle on it for when we used to go to the "Breaks" (CB Parties). Tell you what, it was a lot of fun for everyone who was involved.

KYR-4486. As I recall the licensing fee was $5.00. Sometime later licenses were free and then eliminated altogether.

Wish I still had that photo of me at age 16, proudly displaying the license next to my TRC-30. It would make a nice addition to the shack today.

Atlasta when I first got into it it was 20 dollars for the license, being a teen freshman year of high school that was a lot or money, in 1967, I was making 35 bucks a week take home pay from my after school job, 30 of it mom took so it took me well over a month to get enough to send in my license and I think at the time you were supposed to be over 18 which I wasn't, I don't remember if I faked my birthdate or just sent it in, been awhile that's for sure

Here is one of my early licenses.

Attachments

• 112263.jpeg
    112263.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 479
my Dad's was KAZC 7962. I used it as a kid. Still have the old 23 channel Kris 23+ tube CB he bought me, was using it a few days ago.

Dave
WW0W

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.