• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

THEY REALLY DO. IMO.

Sonar

Apr 8, 2016
1503521634295.jpg

That statement was meant in reference to the vacuum tubes they contained. You picture does not show any tubes glowing but rather just front panel lamps. :cool:
I was too lazy to remove the cover. But I assure you there's tubes in that there radio.

Last edited:
The meter lamp is throwing off the contrast. I figured there was but the contrast is too poor to see the actual radio however from the meter I would say it is a Yaesu??
I didn't realize how poor that picture was until after I posted it. I guess I should have removed it but someone already replied, so I thought I'd just leave it be.
1503614972868.jpg

Last edited:
It is a 101, Zd in fact but not mine just a pic I grabbed from Google and you're right about the not showing the tubs glowing..my bad
Those 101 zd's are terrific sounding rigs.
I had a qso with a guy operating one on the freebands (USB.)
He was using a Shure 444 and the 2000b.
It drifted a bit, but he said it was just turned it on, and after 45 minutes it became very stable.
Never the less it sounded awesome.
I remember the first time I saw a tube radio. It was actually a transmitter. A local of mine ran an ef Johnson Viking 500 (on 11 meters only.) 811's give off a purplish glow when modulated. With the room lights turned off it is quite the experience. Many locals ran transmitters back in the 70's through the late 80's. Many rangers, and Valiant's which are also excellent sounding.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
That's a damn cool looking CW transmitter (?) Are those 811's?
They look to be.
I see an so239, some tunning coils, tunning meter, and a morse code paddle. I'm assuming it's a mono bander. What band?
Mounted on that peice of wood gives it that 1930's Homebrew look.
Props to the builder. Truly a piece of art work. 73

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated