• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Todd" runs new Ham off 28.425

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly,

The President exhalts the virtues of a democracy yet his response is that of an autocrat.

10-10 is an "international" organization. I would imagine the majority of HONORABLE 10-10 members would want this DISHONORABLE stain removed from their ranks.

I was a uniformed defender of free speech as he alluded, but I didn't risk my ass to give idiots the right to violate sound established rules.

"Without rules, we might as well be up in a tree, flinging our crap at each other",

Red.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
That was on 28.345 and I do jump around from 28.425 to 28.345 to 28.380 from time to time but DREAM ON people because 10-10 is NOT going to take my 10-10 number. They like collecting the membership dues as much from paying members as I do like collecting the 10-10 numbers....hi hi. They will sell anyone a 10-10 number, so they are just not going to do it.

It is to late for all that, anyway. I have been a 10-10 member since 1991 and already have most of the awards from 10-10. I have 5,100 10-10 contacts, already, working on 10,000...hi hi. Ten-Ten has gave me so much enjoyment over the years that I have even VOLUNTEERED my own time for 10-10. So what have you done lately to help out ?

The way I look at this is I OWN my 10-10 number because I paid for it in 1991and pay my dues every 3 years. It is my number to either give out or NOT. So folks should consider it an honor if I give it to them for a contact. I remember back in 1990s when I first was licensed that some long time hams told me that some hams would not even talk to me unless I went by their "Gentleman's agreements" So now I expect you newbies to go by my "Gentleman's Agreements" if you want a contact from me. Look, I had to learn 5WPM CW Morse Code to talk on 10 Meters, the least you newbie's can do is get a 10-10 number of you want a QSO with me...hi hi.

When I operate as an Individual the ONLY thing I am representing is me. Just because I am calling "CQ 10-10" to collect 10-10 numbers does NOT make me reflect on any club. Don't worry, you won't hear me on 6 meters or 20 meters or any other band anytime soon because 10 Meters is where it is at. So you have plenty of frequencies and bands to operate where you more than likely will NOT hear me. So go enjoy them and I will do things my way because that is exactly how I plan to do them, my way, hi hi.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

Too bad I had to work today and just got around to reading this. One word sums Todd up rather well, well many actually, but the one I am thinking of is "narcissist". I can hardly wait to get the yagis up on the new tower now and I may even have to dig down deep to fund an amplifier just so I can park my ass on a certain frequency and call CQ-10m until I am blue in the face and I dare anyone including Todd to try and chase me off the freq. if I am there first. I may not work anyone on the frequency but guaranteed he won't either. Every frequency is on a first come first claim basis.

Oh and get this, according to his QRZ.com page he is an ARRL Official Observer too. My question is who observes the observers?

Reactions: 7 people
At the moment, I am more disturbed by the weak ass libturded response from the 10-10 president.

Freedom of speech is one thing...letting some renegade wanker operate under your organization in violation of your own democratically written by-laws is a different story. I now look unfavorably upon your organization.

I can assure you that I will NOT renew my 10-10 membership unless the organization addresses this issue with some type of "action".

I have been an active supporter of 10-10, and have operated the club station for special events,............. no more

Mel, the ball is in your court;)

Reactions: 2 people
Too bad I had to work today and just got around to reading this. One word sums Todd up rather well, well many actually, but the one I am thinking of is "narcissist". I can hardly wait to get the yagis up on the new tower now and I may even have to dig down deep to fund an amplifier just so I can park my ass on a certain frequency and call CQ-10m until I am blue in the face and I dare anyone including Todd to try and chase me off the freq. if I am there first. I may not work anyone on the frequency but guaranteed he won't either. Every frequency is on a first come first claim basis.

Oh and get this, according to his QRZ.com page he is an ARRL Official Observer too. My question is who observes the observers?

It's not a party line, you may not be heard by "Todd" and still upset others who you cannot hear.

Reactions: 1 person
It's not a party line, you may not be heard by "Todd" and still upset others who you cannot hear.

If I wait until the freq is clearand then occupy it I would then have a claim to it. Besides propagationfrom here to Georgia or where ever Todd is is pretty good. If there is any opening at all we will here each other. As for others, it is no different than picking any freq that appears clear. There may be someone somewhere that can here me but chances are thatI will be able to hear them to some degree as well.

Reactions: 3 people
If I wait until the freq is clearand then occupy it I would then have a claim to it. Besides propagationfrom here to Georgia or where ever Todd is is pretty good. If there is any opening at all we will here each other. As for others, it is no different than picking any freq that appears clear. There may be someone somewhere that can here me but chances are thatI will be able to hear them to some degree as well.

CK I am here in Atlanta, any time the propagation is favorable between us we can work as I usually always hear our Northern neighbors.

I need to give that Drake L4 or that SB-220 a work out anyway.

Sure is a shame I can not hear that 10-10 guy when I point the yagi North as we are 45 miles apart from QTH to QTH, if I point the yagi North he will be in the null, I am pretty sure if I check the frequency it will be clear(y)

Todd was nice to me when I did my qso with him and his wife. I have not heard todd in quiet sometime now.....maybe because it was my third or forth qso.

THE AMATEURS CODE

by Paul M. Segal, W9EEA (1928)

The Radio Amateur is:

CONSIDERATE..... never knowingly operating in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.

LOYAL..... offering loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.

PROGRESSIVE..... with knowledge abreast of science, a well built and efficient station, and operation beyond reproach.

FRIENDLY..... with slow and patient operation when requested, friendly advice and counsel to the beginner, kindly assistance, co-operation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.

BALANCED..... Radio is an advocation, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school or community.

PATRIOTIC..... with station and skill always ready for service to country and community.

Reactions: 7 people
Along with some timely recordings....maybe this thread should be forwarded to the 10-10 head honcho too. Complete with Todd proclaiming that all they want is the money and they would never drop him.

We've already read the President's response, or should I say, lack therof. I am sure "Dishonorable Todd" and the "Honcho" are lurking.

Sounds like 10-10 needs a new president. Somebody with honor, integrity and a big pair of balls or ovaries come to mind, of course, it's never to late to grow a pair.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?