• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

traded my uniden for a galaxy 949

megatron

Aug 18, 2008
Cincinnati
took my radio to treasure island.. wyane looked at my radio $30 on trade i'll owe $131 next weekend
for and extra $20 he'll peak it for me

Galaxys are fine radios. Use a 99V in my mobile all of the time. It's just that a refurbished/tuned 949 from Sparky's CB Shop is worth $100 plus shipping. If you are paying as much and its is a local deal - that is fine too...

Sparkys cb Shack is selling refurb Galaxy 949's new tuned and ready to talk for 118 bucks. With a full warranty.

I had a brand new computer start smoking as soon as I plugged it in, shit happens.

Nothing wrong with refurbs if the price is right. Actually they might be better, at least you know an actual person has looked it over.

GLR,

Shhhh...

do not discuss this topic openly.
you have stumbled on to a CB secret.
if word gets out, refurb radios will skyrocket in cost!
LC

I'd go with Sparky's. 2 year warranty and refurbished. Thats a damn good deal right there! Sparky peeks all radios at no extra cost not like the guy your getting yours from and what kind of warranty is you guy giving you?:unsure:

i got a referbed uniden 78ltw from sparkys about 3 years ago . its still doing fine .
Al also does an alignment for free when he does his tuneup .

if you get a radio from Al and you have a problem while its under warranty DO NOT OPEN IT OR YOU WILL INVALIDATE THE WARRANTY . there is a lil sticker he puts on it so he knows if someone went inside the radio after him and did god knows what to it . send it back to him .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.