• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TX five hundred

Zasha83

Aug 14, 2017
And old trucker friend of mine gave me this amp, said it doesn't work anymore due to keying up once with a high powered radio. Oops!
So I took the cover off and I did find some crispy resistors.
Trying to replace them but having some trouble identifying and finding the parts.
Circuitry novice but I'm good with a soldering iron, and I could use a little help...
Looks like someone has been in here before, some resistors have different color codes than I've found in other photos.
Am I going about this the right way?
Can anybody tell me what parts I need?

Attachments

• PHOTO_20170822_215705.jpg
    PHOTO_20170822_215705.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 139

Yes, It's dead, Jim.

The only sensible repair is to replace all four of the 2SC2290 transistors and all the smoked resistors.

Excessive drive power is a one-chance only kind of mistake. The transistors that have failed are what toasted the resistors. The visible damage is a side effect of the breakdown inside those white ceramic-topped RF power transistors.

There may be other damage outside the area shown on the pic, but four 2SC2290 transistors and all the smoked resistors will be the starting point.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated