• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

TYT TH-9000D 220 mHz mobile

mechanic

Mar 4, 2009
North coast of the USA.... Da UP!
tyt9000d.jpg
Since there is interest in 220 in my area and the possibility of a repeater. I bought this transceiver for a good price on Ebay. $128 out of my Pay Pal account and it was on it's way. Three day wait! not bad....
Unlike most Chinese rigs it was pretty easy to use with out reading the manual. Speaking of manual, it is written in easy to follow English with not much to translate or figure out. I had to look up a few things but it is simple to use right away out of the box.
The build reminds me of Yaesu or Alinco. Knobs are not loose or sloppy and when the rig is on there is not lag or skipping. Although mine had a slight buzz when I turned up the volume but not when I turned it to the level I wanted. Heavy power cord with double fuses, seems about 12 gauge. Three colour levels on the display, blue, red and violet that seems a colour combo of the two. Large heat sink but no fan, touted to be 60 Watts on high it will be needed. The seven buttons are soft but press well with quick action. There are three menu levels that are accessed with or without the use of the function button. Here is where the manual will clear things up! A long press of the function button will get you into the 41 level settings menu like display colour, off set. beep on or off, TX inhibit and more. If you have used any newer gear this level of menus is not hard at all.
Microphone is solid and well built with J45 connector. The usual button array and a electret condenser element. The three models come in three bands, 2 meters. 1.25 meters and 70 centi-meters. All transceivers look identical with only the serial number label showing the difference. Power level is stated as 12/25/60 Watts but not sure if this is quite that good.... soon time for bird watt meter!
I also own the AnyTone AT-588 of very much the construction and similar knobs, buttons including size. Also in three bands with the same model number. Also solid construction so the TYT may be a copy or made by AnyTone.
I have seen this radio in red and blue colour but mine came in black. Great value for 128 dollars remembering I paid almost 400 dollars for my Kenwood TM-321A so long ago!

73 Rod W8GRI

Last edited:

A friend has this rig and we have talked a few times on 220. They sound decent and work well for the price. I use a ICOM 38a on 220 but have eyed the 70cm version of the rig you have.

I also have the AnyTone 2 meter version of this, somewhat different but a lot in common that the design must be from the same source. I have the Kenwood Th-F6A and being a tri-bander it has 220 also. I picked for free a KDK 220 mobile, must be from 1984, the CPU battery was shot so it would not work. I subbed a computer coin cell holder with a 2023 lithium battery and it came back to life and I have an old Yaesu FR-105 220 HT works but the batteries are impossible to find!
I too am thinking of the 440 version of the TYT, seems good value for the bucks!

73 Rod W8GRI

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?