• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden 980 SSB

Got mine Monday and like it a lot. Like CB Radio Magazine said they sure are down on power but after a good tune, it really talks very well on AM and SSB. I have had no drift at all, Hello Galaxy, did you hear that?? NO DRIFT. No Sailboat issues with this baby. I paid 150 and feel it was a good deal for such a good working SSB radio. Now to figure out channel mods and unlock the clairfier.

Bravo

I don't see it in the manual. Can you disable the notification beeps, or adjust the volume level for them? Or both?

Nice overview, Brew. I'm looking forward to the full meal deal. Still would like to know if you can mod it for channels. Power output is fine for me. After all, it's NOT an export, it's an FCC type accepted CB.

RT307

Reason I want pics, is that if I can get them in good resolution, I should be able to make up a tutorial on how to unlock the clarifier, at least...

Don't know about channels, would have to see if it's microprocessor controlled or PLL controlled, and what the downmixer frequency is. I'm going to guess it's either microprocessor controlled, or uses a PLL that's setup in BCD ROM, making it unmodifyable. However, if the downmixer frequency is right, I can possibly make up a small board with a couple programmable divider IC's and see if I can get extra channels that way.

~Cheers~

Reactions: 1 person
Being unable to modify will increase their street cred with the movers and shakers.

Maybe there's a "legit" 10-12 meter rig in the makes. Course it also would be locked. I would be fine with that.

My realistic TRC 485 was said to me 100% unmodifiable but i can now use it on 10 after i found out how to unlock the chip!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Been using the radio for a few days now and notice it does get kind of hot even on SSB so I got a heat sink, fan, and mounted it right where the final is mounted. Let you know tonight how it works

Attachments

• uniden 980 heat sink 1.jpg
    uniden 980 heat sink 1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 41
  • uniden 980 heat sink 2.jpg
    uniden 980 heat sink 2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 35

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated