• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

uniden bc350a mod to recieve CB band

riceman

Sep 6, 2010
I've got a uniden bearcat bc350a moble scanner, and the lowest it recieves is 29-54mhz. the bc350c on the other hand recieves 25-54mhz and thus will pick up CB transmissions on 26-27mhz.
Can I do anything to my 350A to mod it and get the 25-54 frequences? I would like to be able to hear CB transmissions on it. Or is the best advice to just buy a bc350c or bc355c?

Reactions: LeapFrog

Good question. I just happened to pick one up myself to today at a swap meet ($5!) and have been looking for mods. If/when I find one I'll be sure to post.

Thanks Chuckzilla, good find and for $5. I gave mine away a couple of years ago and missed it, so I just bought another for $30.
Keep me posted on any mods you find.
ps. we share the same name =chuck

Deals are out there. I got a sc150 for $35 and a bc9000xlt with tone card for $45. pro2096 with a dead display but still receives for $30

Riceman, I looked on the net couldn't find no mods for the scanner. I guess nobody has tried or they ain't telling. Nothing on mods.dk either.

I hate to rez dead threads but I was about to start a new thread with exactly the same question original thread creator, so 5 1/2 Years and nobody hacked this yet?

I'm waiting on mine to arive in the mail, I thought it recieved CB before I bought it DOH!

A 10.400 Mhz crystal is seen on the smaller "floating" pc board, perhaps swapping with a 10.240 Mhz crystal might produce the desired results. I may test this soon, if anyone shows interest & if I really want to scan the C.B.

I did not do any math to reach this idea, so please take several grains of salt about the 10.240 Crystal value.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated