• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden BC980 SSB New Sideband CB

Happy_Hamer

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 22, 2001
attachment.php

New UNIDEN CB SSB Radio

The Clearest Reception, Strongest Transmissions & Greatest Range

Large Easy-To-Read Display - Illuminated control panel for easy use in
all lighting conditions.

Features:
40 Channel Operation
Dynamic Squelch Control
Extra Long Mic Cord
New 6 Pin Ergonomic Noise Cancelling Pistol Grip Mic
designed for comfort. (4 to 6 Pin adaptor available)
Channel Indicator
Instant Channel 9/19
PA/CB Switch
Local/DX
ANL/Noise Blanking
Wireless Mic Compatible
RF Gain Control
Frequency Counter
Large Digital S/RF/SWR Meter
50% Taller Display
Enhanced Graphics
Variable Talk Back
Dimmer Switch Day/Night
NOAA Weather Channels
Memory Scan
SSB USB/LSB
Radio Diagnostics
Antenna/RF/Voltage
Backlit Control Knobs/Buttons
Easy-to-Read Laser Etched Keys
Choose from 7 Color Options​

Attachments

• 980SSB.jpg
    980SSB.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 1,582

Clarifier must be in the menu. That kinda sucks.

GOOD CATCH!

I wonder if they are just waiting for a response to see if they do produce them?

I see the AM model is already schedule for release in December but nothing noted on the SSB

WHERE THE F%#@ is the clarifier!!!!!??????

well i do like the radio but...

like every one else wonder where the clarifier at?

Can anyone see what is the third function of the knob on the top left corner?...i see the volume and squelch text, i think but not the text on the far left.

LMAO @ JAZZ!!! You got that right and Im sure it will be just a few very short months after production that there will be plenty of these available all across the net with butchered inners ;)

It looks fantastic!!! Today it does not have SSB. I saw that it has Talkback so looks like Uniden has sold out and has not integrity at all. I am going to guess it has been filling the pinch from some of the export radio's being used on 11m???

Now if Uniden could build a 10/11/12+6m radio with 100w RMS key it and forget it reliability at the price point of an RCA 2950 or a Magnum 357. IN a compact chassis no larger then the Old HR2510 or smaller! It would be even better if they built an all band HF rig with continuous coverage RX/TX. I could see them disabling 11m and would be fine with that but non-USA markets would want that. Sell it for 1/2 the price of say a similar capability Icom.

It is not like they have been a real player since they did away with the old design Grant XL and have not be a real force in Armature radio in a long long long time. They used to build such a rock solid and durable product!! It would be nice to see them get back in game!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated