• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden BC980 SSB New Sideband CB

The image posted in this forum does not reflect the final design or feature set. As this unit has not yet received an FCC Grant, it is a bit early for us to be talking about it (basically everything here is based on leaked early images and specs).

Of course, the final design includes a front-panel clarifier knob. Beyond that, keep watching for more official information.

The image posted in this forum does not reflect the final design or feature set. As this unit has not yet received an FCC Grant, it is a bit early for us to be talking about it (basically everything here is based on leaked early images and specs).

Of course, the final design includes a front-panel clarifier knob. Beyond that, keep watching for more official information.

What a tease....

The Clarifier will have an external knob - it will be where the RF gain is located and the RF gain will become a function key controlled with the main menu knob. :)

According to the main page of wwdx. Uniden got a ok approval from the fcc for the new AM radio but nothing yet on the SSB radio.... stale mate I bet it don't pass and will never see ssb cb radios again. Back to 23 channel. Xtal rigs ! Lol

Sent from my Droid X .602GB Root, Tapatalk.

I think it could get approval if Uniden wanted it, based on the demand.

Why seek approval if the market is not there?

I think it could get approval if Uniden wanted it, based on the demand.

Why seek approval if the market is not there?

Whats the point of boring am rigs when u can double ur profit by selling ssb rigs that is just as good as the am rig.
The is the market is practically dead. But to say ok for an am radio that probably wont sell, so far the talks have been about the uniden ssb radio. Not the am model.
Sent from my Droid X .602GB Root, Tapatalk.

looks nice.hopefully its a good ssb radio.reminds me alot of the midland
mobile w/ssb. unsure of numbers. they worked really decent actually.
guess time will tell.looking from pics is the radio smaller than other ssb
radios?looks about the size of a galaxy 979 .

They will not have a problem getting it approved, they are well versed at jumping through the proper hoops. Galaxy had no problems getting there Cert on the legit line of CB's all you have to do is make sure the model sent in for approval meets the regs and you get the sticker and Uniden has been at this for a long time.

Jeff

Interesting question. Why would they not? SSB is an authorized mode for 11-meter CB.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I have been wondering that myself, SSB radios on 11 meter are perfectly legal.

I do not think there is as large of a market for the SSB as there is for AM only.

Stryker is a perfect example, there has been rumors of a SSB radio since they started,,,,,,,,,,,, No market for it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated