• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Grant XL

Tlag77

Jul 27, 2016
White Lake MI
Afternoon all,

I haven't been on in awhile due to no time or radio so i kinda drifted away.
Today I was browsing craigslist and came across a Uniden Grant XL for 50 bucks so I picked it up. It was an older post probably a month old I was sure it would have been sold but I called anyway and feel like I scored something. My question on this is how do I determine the date on manufacture of this radio? Serial number is 75008366.

Side note: it also came with an Astatic 636 l.

Well I still have had no luck, thanks for the replies. I am now going to focus on antenna mounting and location.
I probably shouldn't really care when it was made as long as it works. :)

Reactions: CB590
I was just about to ask you why the year was so important. if you are just wanting to peak the radio some just use a cobra 148 adjustments. on the year made for a while the 1st digit was the year made, then it hit them that did not work since a 7 could be 1987 or 1997. guess they did not think about making a radio for 20 years when they 1st started that

I was just about to ask you why the year was so important. if you are just wanting to peak the radio some just use a cobra 148 adjustments. on the year made for a while the 1st digit was the year made, then it hit them that did not work since a 7 could be 1987 or 1997. guess they did not think about making a radio for 20 years when they 1st started that
At this time I don't want to do anything to it. I am just a curious kind of person that's all.
I will eventually take it to a local shop and have it checked out. Make sure all is well.
The guy I got it from said it's a good working radio has too many and didn't need it.

Seriously one of the best CB's I have ever owned. I have two of them! None of the new stuff even comes close to the performance of these old rigs. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Brett

Reactions: Tlag77
Seriously one of the best CB's I have ever owned. I have two of them! None of the new stuff even comes close to the performance of these old rigs. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Brett

I'm sure I will, I searched around for a good deal on an older rig, I wasn't sure about the new radios. This is why after a year I finally have a rig.

Trouble is finding one that probably doesnt need another few hundred $ dropped into bringing it back to scratch.

How do you guys attempt to buy used a little safely meaning any guidelines to go by as not to end up with a paperweight?

Sorry for the hijack, but figured post has run its course.

I have 2 of the XL's and 2 of the LT radios. none of them worked when I bought them. if you have the equipment and know how to use it and the know how to repair them it is easy to bring a old one back to life. I have been doing this since about 1973.

Trouble is finding one that probably doesnt need another few hundred $ dropped into bringing it back to scratch.

How do you guys attempt to buy used a little safely meaning any guidelines to go by as not to end up with a paperweight?

Sorry for the hijack, but figured post has run its course.

No problem, the one I bought the guy had used recently and was still working well, with some luck I'll get some life before it goes to the shop.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.