• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden PC 66

Marty

Feb 13, 2007
Twilight Zone
This radio is made in Taiwan R.O.C. with a PC 417 board, are these as good as the made in the Philippines radios and what other radio's used this board?

Thanks, Marty

Yes it's a good radio Marty , there has been a variation of that board now for getting on 30 years ! What might that tell you Marty. It's one product that Uniden has basically stuck with for 3 decades now. Might just be my favorite all time AM only cb radio chassis Cobra's 25 GTL / 25 LTD (my personal favorite) 25 LTD Classic / 21 GTL / 21 LTD (although there is one 21 LTD that is a different chassie and not the same) PC-66A / PC-66 /PC-66XL/ PC-68XL / President AR44 /Uniden AX44/ Realistic TRC-427 / Midland 77-824B IM sure there are a few more I left out. I think this Phillipines thing is a bit blown up more then it really is . Weather they came from Japan/Korea/Phillipines or anywhere else for that matter , they were and are all good radios to me. If somebody asked me what I thought and what was the best AM cb radio pound for pound today , it would be the Uniden PC-68XL .......Great receive / good power / good audio and can be modded for more without problem.

good deal for sure , even Sparky is still making his cut after all is said and done. ;) I love it when a plan works out. Of course you get your tune as well out of the deal. Very good.

i dont know how sparkys does it . his prices are very competive and shipping is very reasonable and fast . once in a while i find a radio for $10-$20 less but shipping is always higher and tuning is never included let alone an alignment by a compentent tech .
DTB has started adversing free tuning and alignment on galaxy radios on his site and he is also someone id feel completly safe dealing with .

You mean an Expo kit? Thats fine, gives you extra channels without hacking the switches on the radio all up. Sounds like a nice radio.

BOOTY MONSTER said:
i dont know how sparkys does it . his prices are very competive and shipping is very reasonable and fast . once in a while i find a radio for $10-$20 less but shipping is always higher and tuning is never included let alone an alignment by a compentent tech .
DTB has started adversing free tuning and alignment on galaxy radios on his site and he is also someone id feel completly safe dealing with .

I would guess refurbs on these ? Why ? there's nothing wrong with them ,(and I can't tell you anything about DTB) they have been repaired by the company techs (or whomever) and they are pretty much like brand new in the box and come with everything needed. Dealers can even get lower prices on these radios the more they buy , look at it this way , Uniden sells a PC-68XL refurbs for say 50.00 , usually during the month of December alone , it's free shipping on top of that and plus a 30.00 mail in rebate , that equals 20.00 for a basically brand new radio , now Sparky can throw in a tune plus shipping and still make a fairly nice profit. I think you catch my drift. .Also with these companies , tax write offs come to mind when all is said and done. Everybody , one way or the other in this business , is making a buck. (or deducting one) reminds me of last year when you could get both Unidens and the Cobra 150GTL's for pennies after rebates and what not. I remember once when a distributor got 80 / 2950DX's in there boxes like new for 100.00 a piece , that was a 8,000 dollar investment , they all had a slight problem , they all were then sent to a tech that charged 25.00 a unit for repair that included tuning and alignments and conversions. Which turned out to be a easy 2,000 dollars in his pocket , OK , now were at 10,000 dollars for 80 / 2950s , in the end , the distributor doubled his investement while buyers even got a price cut themselves. ;) I may not have the numbers exact here , but there pretty much ballpark. God I love it when a plan works out.

I would guess refurbs on these ? Why ? there's nothing wrong with them ,(and I can't tell you anything about DTB) they have been repaired by the company techs (or whomever) and they are pretty much like brand new in the box and come with everything needed. Dealers can even get lower prices on these radios the more they buy , look at it this way , Uniden sells a PC-68XL refurbs for say 50.00 , usually during the month of December alone , it's free shipping on top of that and plus a 30.00 mail in rebate , that equals 20.00 for a basically brand new radio , now Sparky can throw in a tune plus shipping and still make a fairly nice profit. I think you catch my drift. .Also with these companies , tax write offs come to mind when all is said and done. Everybody , one way or the other in this business , is making a buck. (or deducting one) reminds me of last year when you could get both Unidens and the Cobra 150GTL's for pennies after rebates and what not. I remember once when a distributor got 80 / 2950DX's in there boxes like new for 100.00 a piece , that was a 8,000 dollar investment , they all had a slight problem , they all were then sent to a tech that charged 25.00 a unit for repair that included tuning and alignments and conversions. Which turned out to be a easy 2,000 dollars in his pocket , OK , now were at 10,000 dollars for 80 / 2950s , in the end , the distributor doubled his investement while buyers even got a price cut themselves. ;) I may not have the numbers exact here , but there pretty much ballpark. God I love it when a plan works out.

you have absolutely no clue as usual

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.