• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Radios

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
Looking on the Uniden website the 680,880,and the 980 are out of stock and I have seen the 980 on ebay as a discontinued radio.could be a scare "while supplies Last"
Attention: This radio is being discontinued from the factory, and supplies are very limited. Please contact us before ordering this radio.
Any Questions Call; "J.R.'s Radios At (336) 623-@@@@" Amazon has a great low price. Almost want to buy a few for the shelf. could be a money maker to have a few new in the box for ebay.
But they may last the test of time like the Cobra 29.

Wonder if they are just pulling out of the CB radio thing?? Sad to see them go if that is the case!! Even though the 980 isn't a power house, it's not a bad radio at all and with a few minor mods can be made to work very well!! For the money are/were hard to beat!!
Won't hold my breath for an updated version of anything. What you gents think???

The Unidens above look very suspiciously like the President Grant 2 sold over here in the EU.

Looking on the Uniden website the 680,880,and the 980 are out of stock and I have seen the 980 on ebay as a discontinued radio.could be a scare "while supplies Last"
Attention: This radio is being discontinued from the factory, and supplies are very limited. Please contact us before ordering this radio.
Any Questions Call; "J.R.'s Radios At (336) 623-@@@@" Amazon has a great low price. Almost want to buy a few for the shelf. could be a money maker to have a few new in the box for ebay.
But they may last the test of time like the Cobra 29.

I've run across an ad that claimed the 980s were discontinued, in 2013. I think it's opportunists trying to drive up the price on their wares.

Reactions: 222DBFL
Did I read those dimensions right: 4" x 4" x 1"?

I'd be afraid of dropping the radio between the seats and never finding it.

At that size I could mount it inside the armrest middle console - out of sight - just open the lid when I want to use it. :)

Those new compact radios aren't bad, but why drop the 980? Isn't the 980 the only Uniden offering with SSB?

If that 760 had sideband, that would be perfect for my Cadillac AND my Avalanche. My wife doesn't want to see any radio in either of those vehicles, unless they were put there by GM. The van, though, that's mine. I can put whatever I want on that, whether she likes it or not, lol.

I bought 3 880's and have a few 505XLs. Killer little radios once you mod them for dead key , hifi and get the final straight. It's a mosfet after all.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.