• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Washington with Digi Scan 400 installed

dirtdevil1

Apr 26, 2012
ocean springs, ms
I just in stalled a super clean Digi Scan 400 in my Uniden Washington with the 8719 PLL and aligned the radio according to proper procedure from instructions. My problem is this.....when the radio is keyed it transmits fine but after a few seconds of holding down the key it starts motor boating and buzzing badly and the TX/RX led flashes back and forth with the buzzing. The radio was in excellent operating condition prior to the conversion. Any ideas?

as Robb says double check your work and the instructions,

if all's ok it might be an issue with the pll not locking with the vco free running or it could be the tx mixer isn't broadbanded enough,

best thing to do is once your sure its all wired correct is try it within the radios normal bandwidth before you try the extra frequencies, if its ok there, then chances are the vco and/or tx mixer will need broadbanding.

a few tips from Lou Franklin that might help you out:SECRETS OF BROADBANDING CB RADIOS

I checked and rechecked...it is all just like the instructions asked to do. i know the unit was working flawlessly on a 2000gtl with zero problems. I guess I will just send it to someone with a great deal more experience than me. Does anybody know of a good tech besides DTB radio? He says he no longer works on modified radios.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated