• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Unlocking the Wouxun kg uv6d

na2oo

Feb 19, 2013
Hey guys,

I am having a major trouble with unlocking the Wouxun kg uv6d

Apparently with all the drivers' & ports' crossed checked and all are in place as suggested, The programming cable is able to read & write the handheld with Wouxun Programing Software & KG Commander..

But... problem starts' with the unlock applications, be it ... 1KG-xxx-unlock.exe or Wouxun-Unlock.exe , it just throws up "connect failure" error. I have tried hitting "read" more that 10 dozen times' but it just doesn't work....

Can someone suggest me a way around for me to increase the frequency range ?

Cheers'

Na2oo
na2oo@outlook.com

Last edited:

The only problem I've had with the 'UV-6D' has been with that 'connecting' thingy with the computer. What I've found works for me is to start the program, turn on the radio, then connect the cable to the USB port. In that order. The right port number is plugged in to start with, but if I don't do it in that order then the program can't find the port. Don't ask me why, I don't have a clue. Other times I've killed the program to do something else, didn't change a thing, and when I get back into the program the computer/program can't find the @#$ cable again. That's with Wouxun's program. Doesn't seem to happen with RT System's or Chirp. Guess it's how the program is put together.
I don't know about the program for the frequency determination, if does the same thing or not. I didn't have to change the frequency range of my 'UV-6D', it covered what I wanted to start with. I can say that the 'UV-6D' is NOT a '1', or '2', or '3'! Don't use a program not made for the 'UV-6D', bad things happen! I use the Wouxun program mostly, not the 'other' two except for specific purposes. (That's just personal preference.)
Good luck.
- 'Doc

WOUXUN KG-UV6D

check the above web site, you may have the model(s) that say
"(frequency range can not be changed by owner)"

other wise try Ed at wouxon.us he has always been helpful.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?