• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Vintage Yaesu Display at Dayton

6meter

Apr 19, 2010
Did any of you that went to Dayton this year check out the cool vintage Yaesu gear display at the Fox Tango booth?

They were behind the Yaesu booth.

I don't recall noticing anything like it last year.

Yaesu.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BBB and 2RT307

I didn't go to Dayton, but remember admin asking on the foxtango site for people that had complete vintage setups so they could display them. Very cool!

Brett

That is quite a layout of classic Yaesu equipment. Thanks for snapping a photo.

From that era, I have a FT101EE & FT101B transceivers, FL2100 amp, Combo FR101D receiver & FL101 transmitter and a YP 150 dummy load/ watt meter. Boat Anchors rule!

Reactions: 2RT307
That is quite a layout of classic Yaesu equipment. Thanks for snapping a photo.

From that era, I have a FT101EE & FT101B transceivers, FL2100 amp, Combo FR101D receiver & FL101 transmitter and a YP 150 dummy load/ watt meter. Boat Anchors rule!
Can you post a pic of the twins?

Brett

I like the new radios, but it's great to see the radios from that era that established a company like Yaesu in the US.
Lots of respect for people that keep older rigs in action.
FTDX400.jpg
Amp.jpg

Reactions: BBB and 2RT307
Love those TEMPO ONE's (FT-200) Blackface models:love:...Great old rigs and make great starter rigs! Give a New Op a taste of the "Glow in the Dark" era with good audio and not bad receivers for HF work:LOL:
Nowadays a working version with Speaker/PS combo can be had for less than $200...Not bad price to get "IN the AIr" with....
All the Best
Gary

Can you post a pic of the twins?

Brett

Here ya go!

2J0S2M8.jpg

As you may notice, I have to finish the other end of the interconnect cable. Can't find the dam unobtainium metric 4 pin "Y" connector that goes on there.

Here ya go!

2J0S2M8.jpg

As you may notice, I have to finish the other end of the interconnect cable. Can't find the dam unobtainium metric 4 pin "Y" connector that goes on there.

REALLY nice. Can't say I've ever seen that pair before. Thanks for posting up!

Brett

Reactions: BBB

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?