• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

W9WDX B: DStar Repeater Coverage

Hello gentlemen, I'm curious if this dstar repeater is still up and functional. I can't find any information on it anywhere and would like to use it if it's still up and open. I live in Monrovia, which should be very close to where this repeater is located (per the map).

Cheers & 73's

-Steve Curry KC5BIL

It's temporarily offline while I update the software. I should have it up and running again before the weekend (maybe even tonight). I'll post here when it's available again.

So this starboard serves as the actual repeater controller?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Not exactly. The PC and associated software acts as the controller. The StarBoard converts the signal from analog to digital, and vice-versa.

Great, thanks for the reply. I'm a local, so if you need some helping hands, let me know! :) Also, is there a thread in regards to the details of this repeater? I couldn't find them anywhere and would like to program this into my radio for use when it's available.

Cheers,

-Steve KC5BIL

The repeater is right now basically acting as a D-Star hotspot. After the software upgrade, the duplex capability has stopped working. I'm not sure why but I'll keep working on it. However, linking the repeater to other reflectors to talk to folks outside of the area is still working fine.

I've reverted back to a previous version of the software so full duplex is working again. If you're in the area, try it out and let me know how it's working.

It looks like G4KLX fixed the startup bug with the latest release yesterday, so I've upgraded the software. Everything appears to be operating normal.

It looks like G4KLX fixed the startup bug with the latest release yesterday, so I've upgraded the software. Everything appears to be operating normal.

I can hit the repeater, however I can't get it to connect to any other reflectors (not sure if this is the intended behavior or not). Seems to work fine, but after looking on the map, I'm *right* next to it (up the hill in myrtle/monrovia). Thanks for getting this going, I look forward to using this repeater.

Cheers,

-Steve

Something's acting up. I just linked it to REF001B, saw the connection come up on dstarusers.org's "last heard" page. I never got the "linked to 001B" text display, nor could I get MY call to come up on the last heard display when I hit it with "CQCQCQ" through the gateway. Trying the "U" command, I'm not getting the un-link text display, so it may still be linked but not hearing me.

Something's acting up. I just linked it to REF001B, saw the connection come up on dstarusers.org's "last heard" page. I never got the "linked to 001B" text display, nor could I get MY call to come up on the last heard display when I hit it with "CQCQCQ" through the gateway. Trying the "U" command, I'm not getting the un-link text display, so it may still be linked but not hearing me.

For those reading this later, Mark & I discussed in person the issue and discovered that he didn't have W9WDX G in RPT2, which is why it wasn't routing his key-up out to the internet.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated