• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Walcott cb

cbjoker

Mar 5, 2009
I have been looking at buying a magnum S980 from Walcott and having them tune it too. I just wanted to see if anyone here had any good or bad experiences with them. Any help will be great!

Thanks for the help

Did not see the post in the other forum. Seems like Walcott is the one to go with. I had bought from a local place "Dixie electronics" but they are only open a day or two in the week and I just can't seem to catch them when they are open

If you're going to buy a Magnum S980, don't buy it from Walcott. I live about 2 hours from there, and I've had a few "Walcott tuned" radios come across my bench. On AM they pretty much just turned the deadkey up, and SSB was gargled. Not good.

I also had a friend buy a new Ranger 2995DX from them, he wanted the radio unmodified, didn't want them in it to convert it, peak and tune, etc... got the radio home, and Walcott pulled out the little channel "key" before they sold the radio to my buddy. He was furious. Obviously, they can't be honest enough to keep everything in the box when it's sold.

Stay away from them.

-Exit

And I had excellent service from them on Galaxy DX 94HP. Works and sounds great AM and SSB. Best price in the U.S. and free shipping.

I had good dealings with them... sort of out of necessity, there were the last retailer I could find that still had a few Cobra 200GTL-DX models in stock (maybe I didn't look hard enough but I had just squeaked out enough "play money" from my odd ebay sales to buy a new radio when they started getting scarce). I even emailed them before buying it to ask what revision the board is, in the radios they had in stock. They assured me it was the latest revision. They weren't lying. It is. Happy with the comms they provided me before purchase, and the purchase itself was smooth and shipping was quick. Satisfied customer.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?