• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Washinton/cobra clarifier hookup help

Xitami

Apr 1, 2017
Just got a Sbe land command lcbs-8, some turkey has tried a clarifer mod without finishing it, What i need is the location on the board where the clarifier wires go, and where on the clarifier pot they go also, the wires are missing, its the common PC-385 board used in Cobra 140gtl and Washingtons using the 8719 pll, need help here guys.

Center wiper on the clarifier pot goes to R187, one side of the clarifier pot goes to R415, which is a 3.3k ohm resistor to ground. The other side of the clarifier pot ties in with the NB, which ties to R191, a 390 ohm resistor. Make sure D36 is re-installed.

Hope this helps.

~Cheers~

Center wiper on the clarifier pot goes to R187, one side of the clarifier pot goes to R415, which is a 3.3k ohm resistor to ground. The other side of the clarifier pot ties in with the NB, which ties to R191, a 390 ohm resistor. Make sure D36 is re-installed.

Hope this helps.

~Cheers~
Yes it help heaps thanks, not having a parts layout, where do i look?

R187 is located in the front and right center of the board, near the front edge. R415 is probably going to be located on the little board that has the 3 push button switches, such as the NB/ANL, S/RF/Mod, and CB/PA. R191 is located in the far right side of the board, close to the MB3756 voltage regulator.

~Cheers~

Reactions: 222DBFL
R187 is located in the front and right center of the board, near the front edge. R415 is probably going to be located on the little board that has the 3 push button switches, such as the NB/ANL, S/RF/Mod, and CB/PA. R191 is located in the far right side of the board, close to the MB3756 voltage regulator.

~Cheers~
Great info, just having problems finding R415, can i just a wire to ground anywhere through a 3.3k ohm res???

Yep, you can do that, not problem at all. Both the right and left wipers (or lugs) of the clarifier control go to the board that has the 3 push buttons on it, actually, but for all intents and purposes, you can do what you asked about... running a wire thru a 3.3k ohm resistor to ground.

(Edit) Just realized this is for a LCBS-8, so you won't have the push button switches set up the same way. My apologies. Just run the wire thru a 3.3k ohm resistor to ground and you're good. :oops:

~Cheers~

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.