• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WDX CB DX 24 Hour Club Contest Dec. 13th (UTC)

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
The WDX Club is having a 24 hour CB DX contest on December 13th! The object of the contest is to make contacts with as many WDX Club members as possible and also to promote the website. Member Binrat has graciously volunteered to be the new club contest coordinator (thank you Binrat!)

Here are the details:
  • Only contacts with other WDX members count in the contest. The roster may be found here
  • Channels: 34 AM, 40 LSB
  • Date/Time: 12/13/14, 0000 Zulu through 12/14/14 0000 Zulu. If you're not sure how UTC time works, please ask! (For the majority of club members are in the U.S., this means the contest starts Friday night and ends Saturday night)
  • Logs must be posted in the WDX Club Contest Contacts forum by the end of contest. Create only one thread for your contacts. You can edit or reply to your own thread, using it as your log throughout the contest. At the end of the contest, the contacts forum will be locked, so make sure you upload all of your contacts before the end date/time.
  • There is a 2x multiplier for mobile, portable, or maritime contacts. If you operate as mobile, maritime, or portable during the contest, you are credited with the multiplier for any contacts you make. If you operate as a base, you receive a multiplier for any contact you make with a mobile, portable, or maritime contact. Make sure you clearly designate these in your log
  • No amplifiers allowed, CB legal limit.
  • Contacts will be verified against each others' logs
  • This is an "on your honor" contest and intended to be fun. Please play by the rules :)
  • BE A COURTEOUS OPERATOR, PROMOTE THE SITE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HAVE FUN!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

MOLE sounds like a lot of fun. thanks for bringing the contest to the members.

I have not looked at the prop forecast for next weekend.

http://www.arrl.org/propagation

Looks like the band should be open at some point during the contest.

39 AM? how rude.
I wouldn't expect anyone willing to tie up 39 on the am side to be honoring any gentleman's agreement since they're breaking one to participate.
maybe 34 AM?

Do you/we want to qualify that further?
As in a gentlemans agreement that power should be limited to XX watts to level the playing field? Depending on the radio I can be from 12 to 100 watts (SSB) w/o an amplifier.
OK, legal limit for cb. For export users please turn back you power to roughly 12 watts.

Do you/we want to qualify that further?
As in a gentlemans agreement that power should be limited to XX watts to level the playing field? Depending on the radio I can be from 12 to 100 watts (SSB) w/o an amplifier.

Agreed, that is why i dug out the old cobra 2000.

Reactions: binrat
Binrat, what is the format you want the contacts to be logged?

UTC/ WDX member number/ channel /RS report?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated