• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

well i got my rci 2950dx

N

nvcowboy25

ell i got the new rci2950dx today not a lot of time to play with it yet but well keep youall posted need to meorize the freq you know what ones to talk on and not talk on got the 11m mod done with out even asking and asked it be set up for a amp no problems if you all are tx and wanna talk let me know what freq you are on and ill seen what i can find .redneck6 out lol............

stay above 24.990 (12 meter) and below 28.000 (10 meter).

have fun

i dunno

i got it a gi joes and ron was the name of the tech and i think i know why to stay above and below them ch but it is ok to listen thought right

still fun

ya i know a it is not type accteped radio for a 11m but lots of things in this world should be legal but there not.

gi joes

ya i got a canhce to play for a bit last night was talking to a 555ark on ssb and a fellow in wastigtion sate so i am pertty happy when i get a canch to get a amp i will be doing better so as far as gijoes goes geart shop i will use them agin .

2950DX

Cowboy, congratulations on your purchase, you will not be disappointed in the 2950 dx. it's a great radio and a good start, just keep saving for the amp and you will be working international skip in no time.
Murray

thank you all

thank all you guys for answering my post and ? geart fourm i have had a canch to play with it for a few days now and love it only thing i have seen is some times when you trun it on the display is blank got too switch it off and back on agin and it is fine seems to be on freq geting used to the clairafier knob looks good sounds good geting good local reports need to find time to shoot dx see how that works what is the best time to try dx day or night time. well youall enjoy your week end and 73 73 redneck6-------------out

now you are ready to learn the best part of these radios. scanning! you could can form below one to over 60 but thats a waist of time. i prefer to set the channels in the memory and go from there, 27.9350, 27.0650, 27.1850, 27.1950, 27.2150, 27.5050, 27.5350, and finally 28.400. let her scan threw there and away you go. i never miss anything there.

if you need to learn cbtricks is a good place with a good walkthrew how to hit program, memory, shift, enter and memory :) ohh ya dont forget to hit scan and set the squelch.

Congrats... And I figured you would be happy with GI Joes... They have always treated me right and set my radios up well... They will definately have more of my buisness in the future.

Keep us posted on how well it's doing!

i just got my 2950dx yeterday . i got it at R&R in delware they p&T it for me and set it up to hit my 5pil i'm curently using . they sugested a d-104m6b and they were right on the money once again with my wilson 1000 thgis setup is the loudest mobile seti ever ran in my truck to date . in a couple of day my 27inch single coil 10k predator will be here .so I hope it will get even better. Nothing but good reports fro local and dx contacts, this 2950 dx is better than the old 2950's of the past

2at124.... I doubt you tried it... But if you crank the RF all the way down, what's your DeadKey and Swing?? I have been thinking about getting one... But I need to know how low you can comforatably get the radio...

Thanks for any input.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.