• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

well i got my rci 2950dx

on very low power it Dk about 3watts swings to 10 or 12 it wa showed to me while they set it up to hit my davemade 5pill .with the box on i get around 450 dk and swing to about 1kw. so it seems to be workin fine i'm very happy with it plus ei like the green light better than to old orange ones better on the eyes while driving at night

Good... that's all I needed to hear. I'm sure it can be set-up for a 1 Watt DeadKey swinging no more than 10 than...

I am deciding on the RCI 2950 or RCI 6900 F25 for my next radio to match up to the KLV 1000 ... The Texas Ranger has no where NEAR the noise suppresion to Signal Ratio the RCI Rangers I have here in the house...

yeah u should be fine high miler actually i heard theat they coul dbe tuned to dk 1/2 watt and swing to 6 and on high power dk like 15 swing to 30 , you shoud be fine with 1watt dk

Excellent.... How's the Signal to noise ratio?? That's one of my main concerns... The ability to block out line and static noise well still retaining the Signal such as my Ranger 6300&6900 do...

all 2950's exibit lots of white noise due to the cpu. you caun use new zenier diodes to control the detector noise but they will always have some.

i will honestly say the quietest reciever i have ever had in a 10 meter rig is a uniden hr 2510. in cbs the best i ever used was my uniden pro 810e base. i had a hard time reading the 2510 thats why i sold it. i wish i hadent.

Looks like I'll be going with the RCI 6900 F25 .... I plugged the pre-amp in my 6900 tonight... s-4 Noise level... In my Texas Ranger S-7 Noise level...

Thanks for the input.

well now what

well i have had my 2950dx for a few weeks now and it staring to do wierd stuff like have way better performance on low rf power and and some times the display does not come on i have to trun it back off and back on agin to get it to work the recive just plan sucks on this and i i am getting step on by a guy running a cobra 18 stock with a 102'' stell whip same as mine and i found out that those nosie filters that rat shck sell suck also i get more igntion nosie with it on then i do with it off i am thinking i am gonna send it back to gi joes unless you all no some thing i don't other then that it tx real good o and the clafier on it sucks i have to keep fidling with it on ssb all the time sorry about long post and miss spelled words and grammer

wow thaat unusualy to here that happening after only a fe weeks. you shold send it back and get a new one under warrenty make be it wa sa friday or monday radio??? the only thing i have about my 2950 is i sound a little "tinty" but everyone is us eto me with echo and stock mic. on my 2950 ihave a d-104m6b and no echo so it is proally the voice mic combo but people say i'm loud an dclear so thats whats important!!

Re: well now what

nvcowboy25 said:
well i have had my 2950dx for a few weeks now and it staring to do wierd stuff like have way better performance on low rf power and and some times the display does not come on i have to trun it back off and back on agin to get it to work the recive just plan sucks on this and i i am getting step on by a guy running a cobra 18 stock with a 102'' stell whip same as mine and i found out that those nosie filters that rat shck sell suck also i get more igntion nosie with it on then i do with it off i am thinking i am gonna send it back to gi joes unless you all no some thing i don't other then that it tx real good o and the clafier on it sucks i have to keep fidling with it on ssb all the time sorry about long post and miss spelled words and grammer

either you got a lemon or they really screwed it up when they "tuned" it should be like a rock on ssb and not do all those weird things you say its doing. that radio should be doing almost 50 watts.

woah,something definitely wrong......2950s are well known for very clean and stable ssb.i cannot think of anyone i know of with a 2950 who has had problems such as those mentioned.

well sent my rci 2950dx back

well i sent the 2950dx back to gi joes to see if they find and or fix my radioe the screen goes blank have to trun it off and back on agin seems low in power don't have a meter but if a buddy on a cobra 18 wal mart specail on a 102 is out talking me and reciving better with same ant i think it may be low in power and as i saied eralyer the claifier just plain sucks maybe it is the freq shift i hear about now after i bought one the 11m mod is about the only good thing they did well we well see how good of service they have they should have it by friday so well see and keep you all posted

rci 2950 dx

thomas,

i have had your radio on the bench for two days. i can find nothing wrong with it. i have talked to people on usb and lsb, with know problems. using the clarifier it is working fine. i have been talking today to people on different frequencies and have had no problems with those freqs. i have turned the radio off and on about a hundred times and it comes on perfect every time.

told them it is seeming weak and some times the display does not come have to trun it off then back my buddy with a out of the box corbra 18 and a 102'' is out talking me i have same antana what yall think it is gi joes tech named ron they told me to read the dierections when i firest got it read them front to back so i know it is not me .

here ya go

Dear Sir,

My name is Ron, I am the tech that tunes every new radio that leaves this store. I have a certain trademark that I use to mark every radio that I set up, peak & tune or convert. I was checking the records on the sale of a 2950 Ranger to you. We shipped you a radio in June, which is correct, but it was not this radio. We take care of our customers at GI Joe's, I will bend over backwards to take care of them. In return I expect them to be honest with us. This radio is older than a month and it is not a radio that I peaked and tuned. You will need to pay for the shipping back to you, so we will need for you to contact us on a payment arrangement for shipping. I would recommend you get in touch with Ranger and make arrangements for looking at your radio.

Thank You,

Ron, Technician

GI Joe's Radio Electronics
118 Carr Lane
Richmond, KY 40475
(859) 624.3151
(Located at I-75 Exit 97, S Lexington, KY)
email: gijoes@webtrix.net

Sent: Fri 07/22/05 1:04 PM
To: cbshop
Subject: rci 2950 dx

so did you get my radioe to do what i was saying or is it still making me look like a fool. just checking up on it and i am sorry to keep buging youall as i am sure you are very busy.

this is the crap i am geting from gijoes i told you all i would keep you posted. what do youall think i should do

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.