• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What about a food ideas section?

How about a foodie section where we can swap recipes, cooking or grilling ideas etc.

• Sure. I am a foodie and am always looking to share ideas.

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • No. It has no place on a radio forum.

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

CK I just got back from two weeks in the Philippines.

GREAT food the culinary delights are so numerous and in expensive.

Definitely a foodie here also.

Don't forget to place your vote above and not simply say "Yeah" or "No" in a replay.

Actually this idea came from Tallman as a result of another thread where some hot sauces were discussed while talking about stuffed peppers.

Keep up the voting and we will see how it goes.

Reactions: 357magnum
All of us are into radios and the technology involved and we also EAT. My mom asked me one day if I liked to eat. The answer is an obvious "Hell Yes!" Well she told me I better learn how to cook because most young ladies my age would burn boiled water. Took her advice to heart and learned everything she could teach me on all of my favorite dishes and expanded from there. I do multicultural from real Mexican food to German and Italian favorites. I would be real active in sharing recipes and I'm sure trying out what you guys post as well.

All of us are into radios and the technology involved and we also EAT. My mom asked me one day if I liked to eat. The answer is an obvious "Hell Yes!" Well she told me I better learn how to cook because most young ladies my age would burn boiled water. Took her advice to heart and learned everything she could teach me on all of my favorite dishes and expanded from there. I do multicultural from real Mexican food to German and Italian favorites. I would be real active in sharing recipes and I'm sure trying out what you guys post as well.

I grew up as an only child with two working parents. As I got a little older and could be left alone, if I wanted to eat I had to learn a few cooking skills. It didn't hurt me, in fact it made me better. I still shudder to this day when I think about some of my male cousins that hardly know how to boil an egg.

it's kind of a tortuous idea, i guess as long as it goes by the scrap radio forum where i can't post anyway...

I said 'No'. If anyone wanted to start a thread about food - or whatever; just go ahead and do it if you think there is something to share that is interesting in some way. Nooooo problemmo there. But to have a dedicated section for it? Why bother? Thought this was a radio forum? Surely there is interest in everything radio here - right?

I have a simple recipe for BBQ beans; maybe next spring in the General Discussions section . . .

I said 'No'. If anyone wanted to start a thread about food - or whatever; just go ahead and do it if you think there is something to share that is interesting in some way. Nooooo problemmo there. But to have a dedicated section for it? Why bother? Thought this was a radio forum? Surely there is interest in everything radio here - right?

I have a simple recipe for BBQ beans; maybe next spring in the General Discussions section . . .

Yeah I suppose........I mean what self respecting radio operator would ever be caught dead standing in front of a BBQ grill or smoker anyway. :ROFLMAO:

Alright, I'm changing my mind then. I was stuck on missing turkey and xmas dinner this year, but now I see I have a lot more to be missing next summer...

s

On other forums I belong to like the official Harley Davidson forum they have other sections in addition to all the motorcycle stuff. Those sections are some of the most active and interesting and take nothing away from the main forums. As a matter of fact I think discussing things like this help forum menbers get to know each other on another level and give those who don't post very often and chance to participate. Who here doesn't eat? And I've never been to a hamfest where there was just a bunch of skinny guys.

Let's face it...I can only read about someone's SWR's so many time before I close the forum window and go bake a souflet. Let's expand our world beyond solder and import radios.

Reactions: mb91w126

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated