• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What do you think is the best Omnidirectional antenna for 11 meters ?

Mudduckmobile

Oct 5, 2015
S.W. Washington Coast
We have moved. We are in a 2 story home in N.W. MT. Our roof is all metal (this snow country).
I can only go 10 ft over the roof line. Any thoughts?
Right now I have my delta loop up, top feed with the bottom of the delta 6ft overt the metal roof and my sides looking East, West. (the metal roof is my "back door"...East side).
Thank you.

Peak is 42 feet to the ground, I can go no higher then 10 ft over roof line
That would put you over 50' in the air...Heck the tower my beam is on is only 40', so 52' up is fine...

Only ground plane antenna I have had, is one of Mr.Coily's, and that thing is built like a tank... Since I really haven't used any other brand of ground plane, I can't compare it to any...But as far as quality workmanship go's, I would think it's second to none.

ONLY reason I took it down was to put up a beam antenna, otherwise it would still be up.

That would put you over 50' in the air...Heck the tower my beam is on is only 40', so 52' up is fine...

Only ground plane antenna I have had, is one of Mr.Coily's, and that thing is built like a tank... Since I really haven't used any other brand of ground plane, I can't compare it to any...But as far as quality workmanship go's, I would think it's second to none.

ONLY reason I took it down was to put up a beam antenna, otherwise it would still be up.
I'm tripen on how the metal roof may act on the antenna.
And I have heard the Mr. Coilys are real good.

I like gainmasters for their broadband vswr curve,
decent performance & neighbour friendly looks but they won't take the power sirio claim & they snap in high winds,
also very easy to damage tightening the hose clamps,
gainmasters don't like even 300w FM if you are long winded,
another shot themselves in the foot antenna from sirio,

vector 4000 has an edge over 5/8waves & imho are less adversely effected by things around them than other antennas, work well close to ground vs the rest & take up far less horizontal space,
but they are also weak in high wind,

avanti astroplanes were designed to make the most out of height restrictions,
they raise current maxima higher when mounted at the same tip height than others apart from sirio's new top-one,
12ft tall so you would get most or all of the antenna above the roofline, hard to find nowadays but not impossible,

sirio new top-one 12ft tall also raises current maxima like the astroplane for a better view over roof-lines,

if i wanted a sturdy 5/8 groundplane id look at the usa made shockwave or something lighter a used i-10k..

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Considering you live in Ice & Snow Country I think I would 2nd the Interceptor 10K or the Shockwave antenna for durability reasons under extreme winter conditions.

I myself run a Zerofive Colossal and its a great antenna.. My friend runs a sirio gainmaster which is good as well.. My other buddy runs a IMAX 2000.. All great antenna's.. I was going to initially put up the IMAX 2000 but glad I went with the colossal.. Good luck with whatever you choose..

I'm tripen on how the metal roof may act on the antenna.
And I have heard the Mr. Coilys are real good.
I doubt it would have any negative effect on the antenna...If anything, it maybe beneficial...Just like placing a antenna in the middle of the roof on your car.

Coily's are good...expencive, and there's usually a wait time involved since Dan doesn't always have a bunch of antenna's just lying around waiting to be shipped...Custom antenna's are like custom Amp's...Builders, build to order.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated