• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What Format Is The Fastest....

I downloaded a software program called format factory......it worked pretty good......turned the file into mp4......still took a long time to upload.....the file was 20 mins.

Even though different video file formats have different algorithms and such for their individually written code , in the end it really is about the file format size that is being uploaded and i don't think a different file format is going to make the same sized video up load differently. jmo
this assuming that the resolution of files is at one setting right? i mean if you are comparing a 720 dpi to a 1080 higher res, there are going to be differences that way and that will be reflected in the file size being larger..

Just as an FYI, As I understand it, youtube will typically compress and convert file format of the video for internet playback using their own software ..

hope this makes sense, good luck as video up loads generally take some time.

best of luck

Reactions: Eastside
agree, thats what I was saying is that the file size is really what matters and not the file format...

Yeah...somehow that format factory made the file smaller....took it from 300 mins upload to like 100 minutes.

sorry, no. it's a fact, not an opinion. it's file size not format and your upload speed limit.

you want fast upload, go fiber with no cap.

Obviously, but that wasn't what the OP was asking... the OP was asking which file format compresses the file size the most (in order to reduce upload times), not which methods of Internet access increase throughput.

Obviously, but that wasn't what the OP was asking... the OP was asking which file format compresses the file size the most (in order to reduce upload times), not which methods of Internet access increase throughput.

as someone who worked computer tech support for a decade and a half, I'd like to believe that, but have had enough arguments about similar issues with clueless users to know you could be wrong.
however- my post was not for the OP, but instead was correcting gamegetter's error in which he stated that the file size vs format statement wasn't a fact, only his opinion.

as someone who worked computer tech support for a decade and a half, I'd like to believe that, but have had enough arguments about similar issues with clueless users to know you could be wrong.
however- my post was not for the OP, but instead was correcting gamegetter's error in which he stated that the file size vs format statement wasn't a fact, only his opinion.

My bad. Somehow I got it in my head that you were replying to the OP (something I like to call a "senior" moment).

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?