• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What the hell is this noise on 27.155?

Back up warning signal on a UFO.
It does sound like a data transmission. Foreign amateur radio operators are not forbidden on 11 meters in certain countries. And some of them even if forbidden don't care and use what ever they want. Just about the only time one of them get busted is when they interfere their Government's military or law enforcement groups.

Reactions: LeapFrog
When ya figure out what it is...maybe you can help me figure out what this noise is on 27.255....Been hearing it 24/7 for over 10 years...

BPL or Broadband over Power Line.... Certain power companies use their power lines to carry control signals for remote switches and auto-disconnects also monitoring substations. They are most likely in violation of FCC rules if it radiates.

This applies to both of these situations....

mechanic

Reactions: jessejamesdallas
BPL or Broadband over Power Line.... Certain power companies use their power lines to carry control signals for remote switches and auto-disconnects also monitoring substations. They are most likely in violation of FCC rules if it radiates.

This applies to both of these situations....

mechanic
Maybe right. I know there use to be a similar noise a few years ago on channel 19, but it would only be a cretin times of the day, and not necessarily everyday...Then one day I was over in West Dallas at a alternator shop and turned on the radio and the noise was loud and clear...Looked up on a telephone pole and there was this transformer with a little red light on it, and every time that light blinked, it blinked to the noise on the radio!... Electric company also had a portable trailer that looked something like a generator hooked up to the same pole...You could hear that noise half way across Dallas, figured it was using the power lines like a antenna.

This noise tho like I said has been around 24/7 as long as I can remember, and is only noticeable in about a 2 or 3 mile radius when I'm in the mobile. But if I turn my beam towards where I think it's coming from it's more like 10 miles away.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.