• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Whats the verdict on the Magnum 1?

Just a thought .... this may sound crazy but just bear with me for a moment .... maybe .... just maybe .... The answer isn't to find the one audio bandwidth that is "best" for everything but to tailor the bandwidth to match what we are trying to accomplish with our radio.:whistle:

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
Honestly, one of your replies to a question I asked months ago really annoyed me. It still does actually.

Even after not being thrilled with the radio and being talked down to, I haven't badmouthed the radio or yeticom. While I may not have given the radio a real chance, I have politely kept my thoughts to myself. That should be worth something, right?
You need an Icom mic HM 36 from Japan not the Chinese copy or get an HM11 they were all made in Japan and work very well.

You need an Icom mic HM 36 from Japan not the Chinese copy or get an HM11 they were all made in Japan and work very well.
Or he could save a few bucks and build the microphone himself from scratch...
AEX_electret-6_zpsspe7hvfi.jpg

Last edited:
Those sound like preconceived notions based on limited experiences.

A lot of people have a lot of pre-concieved notions. The real problem is that people make 99% of their decisions based on beliefs that have ZERO basis in reality and Zero Facts backing them up! That is the problem with relying on perception of reality versus empirical data that can be measured and replicated over and over again under lab conditions with analytical empirical measuring equipment.

It has been my experience that unless your a Jedi knight the only place beliefs, faith and emotions are of any use is in relationships between living things and religion! Watt's, Hz, db's, volts, amps etc... can all be measured if you have the gear.

Or he could save a few bucks and build the microphone himself from scratch...
AEX_electret-6_zpsspe7hvfi.jpg
That is very similar to how I do it but I normally do not use a variable. I just try different resistors until I find the right one for my voice, mic element and the radio. A variable would be a lot faster and I can see where customers would like it too so you could easily tune it to anyone that buys it! My voice is not too far off from Darth Vader's.....LOL I hate the sound of my voice I think I sound like an Ape but other people tell me I have a nice speaking voice. So you will never see me doing any mod to get more bass in a radio! LOL I wish I had more high's in my voice especially on the radio! My voice would be great for Broadcast Radio but CB is not broad cast radio! LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.