• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

whats up with the "inrad filter#92 Kenwood TS-2000"

KD2GOE

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 30, 2013
Buffalo
i was looking up some stuff on YouTube and i seen some people installing an inrad filter#92 roofing filter in there TS-2000 it is listed as a 2.1Khz filter. what is the filter it's replacing? I seen some say it's 3kHz and some one say 15kHz and on the top it has 10.695
I am a little confused on how this would effect the "High Cut / High Shift adjustment" would it just hit its limit at 2200kHz?

ok thats the info i was seeing but how this would effect the "High Cut / High Shift adjustment" would it just hit its limit at 2200kHz?

so they put the 15kHz filter in for the DSP to handle the filtering?

my motto. if it is not broke dont fix it. the filter that comes stock
is just fine.

Oh i am not doing it i am just curious
My radio is in the shop after one day deciding that it didn't want to transmit anymore as is so i don't need any more headaches... lol

Last edited:
The filtering in the TS 2000 is DSP. If you run the the Kenwood ARCP-2000 software, you will find the filtering is as pliable as playdough. But if you are a CW enthusiast, you might want the hard wired filter - from what I've gathered.

there are two filters in the 2000.one in the TX and another in the RX chain.

quite frankly, unless you are an AM op, the 15 kHz RX filter should be replaced.

YMMV

there are two filters in the 2000.one in the TX and another in the RX chain.

quite frankly, unless you are an AM op, the 15 kHz RX filter should be replaced.

YMMV

so a filter mod like this would affect the AM i am taking it all the modes are going though the stock 15 kHz filter?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated