• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

What's your favorite 'vintage' CB rig?

N8YX

Mar 7, 2006
Somewhere between DC and Daylight..
I've got a few from the 'boom years':

Royce's 1-641, 1-642 and 1-639 AM/SSB rigs...the 1-625 AM set. Would love to get my hands on an excellent condition SBE LCBS-8, Midland 78-999 or GE Superbase. Maybe a CPI2000 with the accessory counter/tuner unit.

Anyone else collect or use the older gear?

i just bought a siltronix 1011C on yahoo auctions the other day that im looking forward to getting

i mess with tube audio stuff so i thought id buy a tube radio too

scott

I love the cb radio , there's just so many I really couldn't pick just one . Tram XL 5 and others / 148GTL /DX / 85 /142 GTL /25GTL/LTD/LTD Classic/ Teaberry Stalker 9 / Teaberry 202 / Courier Gladiator / G.E. Super Base / to many Midlands to count / Pierce-Simpson Super Cheetah (teaberry) / to many Radio Shacks to count. /President Grant / Grant XL / PC-122 /many of the Sears Road talker radios / ect. ect. ect. Some were better then others and others were better then some ,some had better receive then others and others had better TX and audio then others , different mic's on different radios could and would make a differance for many .......ect.ect. ect.

1) SBE Sidbander II w/upper & lower channels and 30 KC slider.
2) Cobra 148 GTL w/upper & lower channels & 20 KC slide
(used the two 148's for 18 & 20 yrs before selling them. Now one of them is now in the Marshall Islands and still going strong)

figure the numbers ............Cobra 2000 from 1979 to final year 1993 . From 25 to 14 years of age today.

Switch Kit said:
figure the numbers ............Cobra 2000 from 1979 to final year 1993 . From 25 to 14 years of age today.

I love the dual conversion 8719 chassis for receive... However, I like the broadbandedness of the single conversion 8719 (the 140/142 chassis).

For SSB, I like the 858 chassis Uniden put out. Built in speech processing, just about any and everything you could need in a radio (with the 138/139s).

However, my ALL TIME favorite is this: the ARF 2001.

Find me one, and I'll give you sexual favors :) I owned one, and lost it, and would love to find another. You can't beat them, they had real processing on AM and SSB, 145106 pll, all motorola, and built in the USA.

After that one, any of the CPI radios (I've owned lots), and finally, the Stoner radios.

Yes, I live less than an hour from Watsonville (land of SBE), so I'm biased :) Matter of fact, one of the original sel-cal engineers of SBE fame talks on the radio nightly.. . On an old 23 channel rig!!!

--Toll_Free

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated