• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which CB Shops are still accepting mail-in repairs?

Unit 194

Feb 25, 2006
New Jersey
Bells CB, Bob's CB Radio and DTB Radio are no longer accepting mail-in repairs. So who's left?

Any suggestions for a reputable and qualified CB repair shop?

I believe Clay's cb shop in San Antonio takes repairs. Seems to be very busy though.

Also try Doug's Custom CB shop, Key CB shop, or possibly Fine Tune CB shop that rabbiporkchop has been endorsing. And I know there are a couple out west that are supposed to be good. Also could try one of the forum techs. Someone might have time to work on some radios. Maybe someone like Exit 13 or similar. Not sure he is taking radios currently, but he might be able to guide you in the right direction as well. There are other techs on the forum, just not sure who works on radios for others as in being a customer, not a friends radio or such. Time is most people's enemy here on the forum, I beleive that was the issue with Exit 13, no time! Working gets in the way of radio time LOL!! At any rate, hope you find someone that is good and doesn't have a closet full of bad bones, or a bad rep for overpricing or just doing plain out shi**y work. JMHO. Good luck and again hope you find someone. Check the CB list of known decent shops as well as the whitelist. Google does help some. Just type in best CB shops. Have a good day.

Also try Doug's Custom CB shop, Key CB shop, or possibly Fine Tune CB shop that rabbiporkchop has been endorsing. And I know there are a couple out west that are supposed to be good. Also could try one of the forum techs. Someone might have time to work on some radios. Maybe someone like Exit 13 or similar. Not sure he is taking radios currently, but he might be able to guide you in the right direction as well. There are other techs on the forum, just not sure who works on radios for others as in being a customer, not a friends radio or such. Time is most people's enemy here on the forum, I beleive that was the issue with Exit 13, no time! Working gets in the way of radio time LOL!! At any rate, hope you find someone that is good and doesn't have a closet full of bad bones, or a bad rep for overpricing or just doing plain out shi**y work. JMHO. Good luck and again hope you find someone. Check the CB list of known decent shops as well as the whitelist. Google does help some. Just type in best CB shops. Have a good day.

Isn't Fine Tune CB shop the shop with no permanent
mailing address?

Thank you very much for all the suggestions.

Reactions: Low_Boy
And then what do I do when that radio needs service, buy another new radio? LOL

well yeah,.... doesn't everyone?
images

I wish I had the patience and the know how to fix them myself. Especially when reputable and qualified CB techs seems to be a dying breed.
I learned how to fix my own radios im still learning i studied alot of schematics from the intrrnet,i made this my hobby.also equipment is expensive but worth it.

I wish I had the patience and the know how to fix them myself. Especially when reputable and qualified CB techs seems to be a dying breed.
I find working on radios relaxing and challenges the mind. If I get overwhelmed then I take a break and research more on the internet.
Once you get started with things you may find it enjoyable...

Reactions: Robb
And then what do I do when that radio needs service, buy another new radio? LOL

That's one of those "pay your money and take your chances" things. I have radios that are at least a dozen years old and one that is 30+ years old and have never needed servicing except I needed to tweak the speech processor in the 30+ year old Kenwood as it was affecting the frequency response of my audio. One of the big reasons a lot of radios need servicing is due to the mods they have done too them. I think that is what fourstringburn may have been referring to with his comment. Leave a radio stock and it will likely last a lifetime.

That's one of those "pay your money and take your chances" things. I have radios that are at least a dozen years old and one that is 30+ years old and have never needed servicing except I needed to tweak the speech processor in the 30+ year old Kenwood as it was affecting the frequency response of my audio. One of the big reasons a lot of radios need servicing is due to the mods they have done too them. I think that is what fourstringburn may have been referring to with his comment. Leave a radio stock and it will likely last a lifetime.

Over the years I have had several older stock CB radios that needed cap replacements, alignment, meter replacement and various other service issues. Sometimes I think it's just the luck of the draw.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.