• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which CB Shops are still accepting mail-in repairs?

There you go. You keep on defending your mentor Mark Sherman.
"last couple of things you mentioned" while linking another Fine Fail video but that's not mentioning him or plugging his "I have a speshul coax formula" that defies the laws of physics?

And of course you picked up Andy @ windy fail cb shops conspiracy theory that I am that Mark19960 guy. What? you think we don't know about it or that he didn't sell you out?
Did you ask him how that went for him?
What ever happened to him?
He just vanished into thin air when he was laughed out of the room and mocked.

You can keep on saying that I am him. Nobody cares.
This subject already got beat to death on this very forum when he was saying it.
Mark Sherman must be desperate.
When you publicly admit who you are in one place and then you deny who you are in this forum it becomes impossible to have a rational conversation with you.
That first post merely reinforces my personal Real World experience with dtb radio since his shop is only an hour and a half away from my house, and explains why I do not have an irrational predisposition to conducting business with someone conveniently located in my geographical area and instead choose to conduct business with someone who can give me the results I'm looking for regardless of how inconvenient it might be. I can at least say I gave him a fair shot at proving himself and David 's work is better than most.

Last edited:
Discover a loved one has glioblastoma and then see how important arguing over cb radio stuff is. All of the petty arguments in these forums that turn hateful and personal are senseless. And sad.

i just wanted to know if mark blew up rakishes 10 pill amp. im searching for the truth here. nothing more
He bought the amp secondhand and sent it to Mark before testing and yes, it did go into self destruct once keyed. It probably should have been disassembled and rebuilt with known good components before testing, but Damir wasn't willing to go the extra mile and told Mark not to rebuild it but send it back unrepaired.

He bought the amp secondhand and sent it to Mark before testing and yes, it did go into self destruct once keyed. It probably should have been disassembled and rebuilt with known good components before testing, but Damir wasn't willing to go the extra mile and told Mark not to rebuild it but send it back unrepaired.

see rakish lied he said he bought it new from mark and mark blew it up. finely the truth thank you pork chop.now i know to stay away from rakish. and i owe mark an apology.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
FYI: MikesRadioRepair has just posted some new YouTube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfi5fp3qsXeqSbsLAIKU6Dw
I have seen that Mike has posted videos and has been talking about doing a series on radio repair but has anyone had anything repaired by him recently? I sent a Sonar FS-23 to him back in May for repair and to add a VFO. I prepaid him for the VFO but have heard nothing from him since. I have sent him emails to which he has not responded. I tried to call him today and his voice mail is full. I read the post that he has gone out of business so I think maybe I will never see it again. It has now been almost six months.

Hey guys, I'm new to this group and I've read all 13 pages of this post. I'm trying to find someone to go through my General Lee and 500 watt amp that I haven't used since 2010. I reached out to Mike in PA, but it sounds like he's not returning people's emails. I'm near Chicago but am willing to ship if they're good. I apologize for asking this question again, but with all the clutter that happened a few pages back, I kinda lost track of the answers that were thrown out and really don't want to revisit that mess...

I just want both to work properly again.

I have seen that Mike has posted videos and has been talking about doing a series on radio repair but has anyone had anything repaired by him recently? I sent a Sonar FS-23 to him back in May for repair and to add a VFO. I prepaid him for the VFO but have heard nothing from him since. I have sent him emails to which he has not responded. I tried to call him today and his voice mail is full. I read the post that he has gone out of business so I think maybe I will never see it again. It has now been almost six months.
He is still doing radios

Very informative videos. I sent him an e-mail to see if he accepts mail in repairs and I'm waiting for a reply.

Thank you very much for the info.
don't hold your breath, I emailed him twice once in 2016 and just recently about a new in box Cobra 2000 gtl Philippine I wanted recapped. no reply so he is too busy or doesn't accept new repairs...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.