• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which CB Shops are still accepting mail-in repairs?

Never, even had a problem getting a contact with a trucker. Either where I live, or on the road, there are still plenty of drivers with the radio on and yacking . . .
What do you know about bird meter/dummy load? Got a used one that shows unusually high deadkey on two radios without any swing when speaking into mic. Both radios do work one connex other stryker. Do you have any sugestions

tyrone64,
If the two radios in question are known good working radios, and you know that the readings are way off on the bird meter, there is a chance that your bird elements just need to be re-calibrated.

you have to heat the sticker off the top with a hair dryer or similar. under it you will find a small adjustment screw that will allow you to calibrate the element for a proper reading.

of course you do need an accurate reference to go by in order to set it right.
LC

Reactions: cbkidd1
Bells CB, Bob's CB Radio and DTB Radio are no longer accepting mail-in repairs. So who's left?

Any suggestions for a reputable and qualified CB repair shop?
Mike of Mike's radio repair isn't a brick and mortar store but besides that is a full repair shop/bench.
If you don't mind mailing your equipment to Pennsylvania you're gold.
His workmanship is excellent.
His Price's are fair and turnaround time is second to none IMO (usually 4-6 days from him and back to you).
He can be contacted at mikesradiorepair@gmail.com and one can subscribe to his YouTube channel at mikesradioreair.
Good luck. 73

Mike of Mike's radio repair isn't a brick and mortar store but besides that is a full repair shop/bench.
His Price's are fair and turnaround time is second to none IMO (usually 4-6 days from him and back to you).
He can be contacted at mikesradiorepair@gmail.com and one can subscribe to his YouTube channel at mikesradioreair.
Good luck. 73

I live in New Jersey so I have no problem mailing my equipment to neighboring Pa.

Thank you very much for all the info. 73

Bells CB, Bob's CB Radio and DTB Radio are no longer accepting mail-in repairs. So who's left?

Any suggestions for a reputable and qualified CB repair shop?
I believe this guy does..

FB_IMG_1467676491738_zpsxzh8kiqf.jpg

Good luck. 73

Mike recently repaired and aligned a radio for me and his workmanship is excellent and his prices are very reasonable.

I also find his repair videos on YouTube to be both informative and entertaining.

I Highly Recommend Mikes Radio Repair!

Reactions: Sonar and Old_Crow
Mike recently repaired and aligned a radio for me and his workmanship is excellent and his prices are very reasonable.

I also find his repair videos on YouTube to be both informative and entertaining.

I Highly Recommend Mikes Radio Repair!
Besides knowing what he's doing, it gets done in a timely manner.
I'm always reading or hearing about Cb shops and tecs/golden screwdrivers keeping equipment for months.
When I say months I mean 3 4 5 8!
And then the guy never fixes or.worse you never get your equipment back with little to show for the experience except a smaller bank account.
Here's the way Mike works. Send him your equipment. He recivers it fixes it and sends it back.
4 to six days from your qth to his and back to yours.
Another thing Mike does that others can't or won't is work on tube equipment.
When I say tube I'm not just talking amplifiers.
He has an incredible collection of ef Johnson equipment that would be the envy of any boat anchor enthusiast and he restored every piece.
He's got an incredible collection of AM radio's. You know the type. Zenith RCA ect ect.
If you need work on anything tube to transistor send it to him and don't worry about getting a second rate job or worse ripped off.
I sometimes post about Mike because it wasn't that long ago I was myself trying to find a Tec to refurbish my equipment with little luck.
Even on this forum I was told finding someone to work on tube stuff was not likely.
Mike was and is not only an excellent Tec but will walk one through a repair over the phone.
He really enjoys what he does and never minds helping. Good luck.

Reactions: jetdriver1955

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?