• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Which CB Shops are still accepting mail-in repairs?

Besides knowing what he's doing, it gets done in a timely manner.
I'm always reading or hearing about Cb shops and tecs/golden screwdrivers keeping equipment for months.
When I say months I mean 3 4 5 8!
And then the guy never fixes or.worse you never get your equipment back with little to show for the experience except a smaller bank account.
Here's the way Mike works. Send him your equipment. He recivers it fixes it and sends it back.
4 to six days from your qth to his and back to yours.
Another thing Mike does that others can't or won't is work on tube equipment.
When I say tube I'm not just talking amplifiers.
He has an incredible collection of ef Johnson equipment that would be the envy of any boat anchor enthusiast and he restored every piece.
He's got an incredible collection of AM radio's. You know the type. Zenith RCA ect ect.
If you need work on anything tube to transistor send it to him and don't worry about getting a second rate job or worse ripped off.
I sometimes post about Mike because it wasn't that long ago I was myself trying to find a Tec to refurbish my equipment with little luck.
Even on this forum I was told finding someone to work on tube stuff was not likely.
Mike was and is not only an excellent Tec but will walk one through a repair over the phone.
He really enjoys what he does and never minds helping. Good luck.

Thanks again Sonar for introducing me to Mikes Radio Repair!

Mike is a qualified and reputable tech. that I will definitely use again in the future for all my radio repairs.

Reactions: LeapFrog and Sonar
Thanks again Sonar for introducing me to Mikes Radio Repair!

Mike is a qualified and reputable tech. that I will definitely use again in the future for all my radio repairs.
Like a large majority of Mike's customers he was recommended to me by another of his customers.
It took about four months before I found him.
I bought a d104 from la guy on eBay .
That guy gave me Mike's phone number but I was still hesitant to send him my equipment. After all he was a total stranger but I'm very glad I took the chance.
I'm glad everything worked out for you.
This is my current setup and Mike fixed and or restored every piece except the meter.
Enjoy the hobby. It's a great one.20160728_153535.jpg

Very informative videos. I sent him an e-mail to see if he accepts mail in repairs and I'm waiting for a reply.

Thank you very much for the info.
He absolutely excepts mail ins l(it's all he does unless you're in his area. Then I guess he'dtake a drop off).
If you haven't heard from him send another message.
He usually returns messages within 24 hours.

Reactions: Unit 194
Here is the problem, CB is a dying hobby (so is ham but at a slower rate). As 222 said why use a radio when you can just text someone on the other side of the world. There will never be quality 11 meter radios made anymore, there is no market for them. Buy up all the old stuff you can, learn to fix them yourself and move on. If you want quality gear move up and get your ticket, hell its easy enough. I have an original Uniden Grant in the closet that if I ever get the desire to get back on 11 meters I will fire up but sell it, no way because I know its value and I can not replace it easily. The crap that is put out today is disposable and not easily repaired even in the ham world. I can easily fix the older rigs and keep them running but the new stuff with surface mount components I am lost. I will try and keep my Yaesu 101ZDMK111, Yaesu 901DM and 706 MKIIG running for as long as I can. The VHF/UHF stuff I have..disposable (except for the aforementioned Kenwood TR-9000)! Times changed for CB and not for the better..

Do you mean Snake Radio Customs?

This guy never even responded (My Service hot line number is 1-800-872-8510 24/7. If I don't answer leave a message please.) to my message.
From what I've read you're lucky. I could be wrong but search snake radio customs right here in your engine..
Good luck. 73

exactly right my buddy joe ran a cb repair shop at kleins world famous truck stop great self taught tech helped me get started in early 80 business slacked off he shut it down now im 65 and in montana have all my own test equipt. project keeping them working have room full of cb,ham,radios amps scopes etc an i mean a full room full, all ebay stuff is junk no chords cant test. thats how they sell junk equiptment cause they dont work so there not responsible. buy it as is might work might not there goes the radio repair business.

exactly right my buddy joe ran a cb repair shop at kleins world famous truck stop great self taught tech helped me get started in early 80 business slacked off he shut it down now im 65 and in montana have all my own test equipt. project keeping them working have room full of cb,ham,radios amps scopes etc an i mean a full room full, all ebay stuff is junk no chords cant test. thats how they sell junk equiptment cause they dont work so there not responsible. buy it as is might work might not there goes the radio repair business.
Common sense and knowing what to look for when you're looking can get you what you want even on eBay .
No cord, no m mic, can't test, everything looks good, hear static, no testing but the last owner told me it worked equals a not interested in my case.
If it not described truthfully the sellers gonna get it back regardless of his no returns policy.
eBay sides with the buyer.
It doesn't matter if he says no returns.
If it's described as working or not doa and for whatever reason the buyer doesn't want it chanced are he's getting it back and refunding the purchase price. That's eBay for ya.
I would never sell on eBay no matter the condition of an item.
It could be tested for a week.
Every function could be 100% and I won't sell on eBay.

I've only purchased one radio off eBay and I got lucky! A kenwood ts140s. And it all works as it should. It's truly buyer beware and also do your homework and research before you buy. These days I won't buy a radio unless I can physically place my hands on it and see it operate correctly myself before o buy!! No a luxury to some. But like 543 said. If it wasn't for Buyer protection, I wouldn't buy very much off eBay these days. Way too many scammers and parts switching happening. JMHO.

I've only purchased one radio off eBay and I got lucky! A kenwood ts140s. And it all works as it should. It's truly buyer beware and also do your homework and research before you buy. These days I won't buy a radio unless I can physically place my hands on it and see it operate correctly myself before o buy!! No a luxury to some. But like 543 said. If it wasn't for Buyer protection, I wouldn't buy very much off eBay these days. Way too many scammers and parts switching happening. JMHO.

I have purchased many radios from eBay and I have gotten ripped off a few times. Before I purchase a radio from eBay I always check the sellers feedback, I ask more questions about the radios condition, and I ask for more close up photos of the radio. But even then there is no guarantee that you still won't get ripped off.

Buyer Beware!

I'm late to the party but I hope Bob's CB is still accepting some mail ins. I have an AR-3500 that needs some attention and he is the only person I'd consider to date due to his arrangement with Ranger/ClearChannel back in the day. I think I'll call him in the morning, I'd hate to not be able to use this radio anymore.

I'm late to the party but I hope Bob's CB is still accepting some mail ins. I have an AR-3500 that needs some attention and he is the only person I'd consider to date due to his arrangement with Ranger/ClearChannel back in the day. I think I'll call him in the morning, I'd hate to not be able to use this radio anymore.

Please Note: - Currently we are not offering mail-in service on radios not repaired or sold by Bob's CB Shop.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.