• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Who repairs amps?

Haven't talked to Mike in a while. His web site is no longer active. He was the repair manager at Texas Star until 4-buck diesel fuel hurt their sales and he was laid off. The web site supported his independent service work. Hope he's still around and kicking.

Here is the last email addy I have for him; TexasStarRepair@cox.net

And no, we still don't solicit mail-in work.

Reactions: 338_MtRushmore
Haven't talked to Mike in a while. His web site is no longer active. He was the repair manager at Texas Star until 4-buck diesel fuel hurt their sales and he was laid off. The web site supported his independent service work. Hope he's still around and kicking.

Here is the last email addy I have for him; TexasStarRepair@cox.net

And no, we still don't solicit mail-in work.

Thanks, I will give him a try

I am talking to a guy now about it, and I'm hoping he can accommodate me. Keep them coming though, he might be too busy, and a current list would be nice to have anyways.

I am talking to a guy now about it, and I'm hoping he can accommodate me. Keep them coming though, he might be too busy, and a current list would be nice to have anyways.

Which Texas Star do you have that you need help with ?
I may be able to help you out. I have repaired and worked on quite a few Texas Star 350's and 500's .
Contact me via this forum.
Sometimes may run across one not worth spending money to repair, but they are fairly simple amplifiers to repair.
And I also know where to direct you for help from someone else also.
And also, Mike at TexasStarRepair@cox.net is now working at Galaxy Radio Repair/Customer Support. He currently builds the new Texas Star amps and also does repair work on them. You have to obtain a "Return Authorization Number" to send in for repair work.

Good deal, glad you were able to get it fixed. Should work well when you get it back. Are you just going to have it repaired. Any other work going to be done?? Just curious.
Anyhow. Again, glad you were able to get it to someone to get fixed. Have a good one and keep us posted as to what was wrong if possible.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.