• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Willie Nelson cited for pot, mushrooms

Unit 194

Feb 25, 2006
New Jersey
POSTED: 3:08 p.m. EDT, September 18, 2006

LAFAYETTE, Louisiana (AP) -- Willie Nelson and four others were issued misdemeanor citations for possession of narcotic mushrooms and marijuana after a traffic stop Monday morning on a Louisiana highway, state police said.

The citations were issued after a commercial vehicle inspection of the country music star's tour bus, state police said in a news release.

"When the door was opened and the trooper began to speak to the driver, he smelled the strong odor of marijuana," the news release said.

A search of the bus produced 11/2 pounds of marijuana and 0.2 pounds of narcotic mushrooms, according to state police.

A call to Nelson's publicist wasn't immediately returned.

Also cited were Tony Sizemore, 59, of St. Cloud, Florida; Bobbie Nelson, 75, of Briarcliff, Texas; Gates Moore, 54, of Austin, Texas; and David Anderson, 50, of Dallas, Texas.

Each was released after being issued a citation.

Nelson, 73, has recorded songs including "On the Road Again" and "City of New Orleans."

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
-------------------------------------------------------------

A 73 year old "pothead". LOL...................

d

That's funny.
Me likes shroooooooms.

Alcohol is a drug too.

I don't agree with Willie's politics, but he seems to be a good, decent person.

LoneWolf TN

no kiddin every movie i see him in hes puffin on a doobie i knew he was an old hippie whe he starred in the movie half baked for just a short seen along with SNOOP DOGG LMAO who is no better and will always be seen with a doobie and if not smoking it just look behind his ear

On May 10, 1994, Willie was arrested for marijuana possession when a police officer found a joint in his ashtray during an illegal search of his car. He faced six months in jail and a $2,000 fine.

Months later, he passed up performing at the Grammys to fight for his constitutional rights in a court hearing where he said: "It is becoming apparent in this country that we are losing our rights one after another."

There were discrepancies in the officer's version of where he found the marijuana. Also, during the encounter, police twice switched off a microphone that was part of the patrol car's video recording system.

"He was not a fan," Nelson said of the arresting officer. "I do think that once he found out who I was, he thought this might be good for his career."

The judge agreed that police had no business searching Willie's car. He threw out the evidence and, on March 23, 1995, he dropped the case entirely. Willie admitted to the press that he was a long-time regular marijuana user and took the opportunity to call for the legalization of marijuana. "I think it should be taxed and regulated like your cigarettes," he said.

In addition to his Farm Aid activism, Willie has also endorsed Ralph Nader's Green Party presidential candidacy as well as this year's Millenium Marijuana March. He has also lent his voice and one of his most recognized songs ("On The Road Again") to a 30-second radio public service announcement calling for an end to marijuana arrests and the government's failed and misguided War on Drugs. Legend has it that Willie once fired up a joint during a visit to the White House.

Now on Island Records, Willie is experimenting with reggae and blues, remaining as creative as ever. His latest album is "Milk Cow Blues."

wILLIE-EVIL WEED

iF YOU OR i WERE CAUGHT WITH A 1 1/2 LB OF WEED AND MAGIC ROOMS WE WOULD BE BEHIND BARS QUICKER THAN YOU CAN SAY JOINT!! AND MOST LIKELY GOING TO ANGOLA,
LA. MOST INFAMOUS BAD ASS PRISON!!!AND WE MIGHT BE SOMEONES BITCH IF WE WERE A LITTLE WUSSY,POOR POOR
WILLIE :x (JOHNNY COCHRON,QUOTE:THE PRICE OF FREEDOM
IS GREEN!) and thats not marijuana !!

Paul

Lazybones1222 said:
Those veggies should be legal. Get rid of alcohol instead.

My wife used to manage the medical marijuana shop here in Santa Cruz.

Because of confidentiality laws, I can't comment on who comes and goes from the place, but let's just say, I've met more than Willie, just hanging around that place.

You would be AMAZED at how many celebs and such have their medical cards. Of course they where just cited. They all have chronic cannibus cards :)

--Toll_Free

Mister Heat said:
How about any of the past/current members of the Doobie Brothers ? They set up operations near or around Santa Cruz as I remember..Maybe it was San Jose....

As I said, I can't comment directly on anyone.

It's the same as a pharmacist giving out information about his patients.

The Doobie Bro's, Carlos Santana (My first g/f babysat for him once... A member of the same church we attended), a couple members of CCR (Fogerty, for one... He has a vineyard about 15 miles from my place) all have places out here. And we all know there involvement in the drug culture of the 60s.

--Toll_Free

--Toll_Free

I was ticked off when Tom Johnston got replaced by Michael McDonald and still am. Probably just a business decision huh and not a result of anything else illegal....Have all their earlier CD's, that is up to Livin on the Fault Line..

TonyV225 said:
no kiddin every movie i see him in hes puffin on a doobie i knew he was an old hippie whe he starred in the movie half baked for just a short seen along with SNOOP DOGG LMAO who is no better and will always be seen with a doobie and if not smoking it just look behind his ear

I'm not usually a nit-pick, but I had to say something about Tony's post.

Ok, first off, where is the punctuation? Its one huge, run-on, attempt at a sentence. Its not even a sentence that way it is. Tony, were you puffing on your 27th doobie when you tried to type that???

Here is the way it should have been posted, with the corrections and edits underlined:

This is what TonyV225 should have said:
No kidding!! Every movie in which I see him he's puffing on a doobie. I knew he was an old hippie when he starred in the movie "Half Baked" for just a short scene, (along with SNOOP DOGG [LMAO] who is no better). He will always be seen with a doobie, and if he's not smoking it, just look behind his ear.

Before you nit-pick the part where it says "This is what TonyV225 should have wrote", understand that the forum script inserts the "wrote", and I have no way to change it to "written".

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.