• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Software Mod

It seems like you wrote your question in a bit of a hurry, so it is a bit hard to understand. Did you run the software mod on the radio first? Then what software did you use to program it, what settings did you use, and what steps did you take? Perhaps if you wrote up your procedures someone who knows more than me could be in a better position to help you.

In the event you bricked your radio, as I suspect I did, then the only hope would probably be along the lines of whether a hardware reset is possible, as I have already established that a software reset does not work. So far I have not been able to find any information as to whether it is possible to restore a bricked radio to factory defaults like you can a bricked router with a jig, or bricked Android phone.

Problem with programing Wouxun KG-UVD1P

Hello!
I am new with this radio thing.I just want to program my Wouxun t to some channels which i am using but i have problems.I have two of this units and i can program one with no problems but the other one dosent read or writ to the unit.I have USB cable and all drivers install but i just get the green light on the unit and no red light at all and it says Failed connection.On the other unit i can do what ever i want.It can read and write to the unit with same settings like i tried to the unit that dosent respond.Do you have some ideas?I tried to reset the unit but nothing happens,its the same.
What to do?Please give me some advice.

Thank you
Brgds

Ilija

Well that might happen. Try to find the com port when you plug in the transceiver (KGUVD1P). What is the port that it is showing.
You can do this by Right clicking the "My computer" icon and going to "Manage" then "Device Manager" then "Ports".
Here you should see you transceiver com port. When you plug out your transceiver you should also notice that the com port should disappear and when you plug it in again you should see it appear again.
If this is not happening than the problem might be itself on the radio.

Something that I've found is that plugging in that USB cable (or the DIN if your computer will handle them now) -after- starting the program can make a difference. Of course, you have to have the right 'port' and all that selected.
A program called "KG-UV Commander" is a bit easier to use than Wouxun's program, does a little more like looking for the right 'port'. It's free by the way. It doesn't 'cure' all the possible problems, but it's easier than some.
Have fun.
- 'Doc

(There's a Wouxun Forum, it may help to check it out, lots of questions answered there.)

Last edited:
kg-uvd1p mod

i have a kg-uvd1p 136-174/420-520 j11... i tried to unlock band with unlockxxx... and it worked but i cant get not rx tx on the unlocked frequencies for exemple i programmed 411.3625 a fire service in my country but wont detect any transmit and lets not forget that i receive it on a scanner and when i try to transmit on the frequencie my scanner wont detect it !!! weird or i did something wrong ???

i have a kg-uvd1p 136-174/420-520 j11... i tried to unlock band with unlockxxx... and it worked but i cant get not rx tx on the unlocked frequencies for exemple i programmed 411.3625 a fire service in my country but wont detect any transmit and lets not forget that i receive it on a scanner and when i try to transmit on the frequencie my scanner wont detect it !!! weird or i did something wrong ???

It's hard to say if or what might have been done wrong. I would try to do it again a few times and see what happens.

Thanks for the contact info.

Regarding the above post, isn't the problem that he has hardware that can only transmit from 420-520, yet he is hoping that software will somehow magically make the hardware do something it cannot do? I thought this MOD was just to open the existing band from amateur frequencies to the full band the radio version supports, and in this case 420-520 whereas he is trying to transmit on 411.

wouxun

ok i hunderstand the part of not being able to tx on 411 but the rx should work or its the same thing !?!?!?

I could be wrong but I seem to recall there was a MOD that you could do to some Yaesu radios that would open up a wide receive range well beyond what you could transmit on, so I suspect that is what might be expected here.

However from what I read, I thought that this software just opens up the band that the radio is capable of so it can transmit out of the HAM band to the limits allowed by that model of Radio. So for example if you have a 420-520 that's all you'd get. I also vaguely recall that you can open up the radio and tune it by shifting the band if you have a scope, but others here would know more about that than I would.

In Canada the KG-UVD1 managed to get DOC Type Approval, so it seems that many of the ones that are being sold there are already open for transmit on the bands they are rated for so this software may not be required. I'm not sure about the demographics behind the HAM versions, are they mainly sold in the USA, or are they also being sold elsewhere?

Yukikaze,
Just be aware that transmitting on police and fire freqs can bring trouble if your heard by them. Note that you could be on an input freq and not hear them but your still interfering with them.
It is safer to stay in the legal ham bands and just listen to the rest.
In some areas the 155.475 is still for active police and fire.

Just a thought...

Hi Remote.

Yes, you are correct.
One should be very carefull on transmitting outside the ham bands.
Where i live the 155.475 is mostly used by hunters, timber lorries, forest workers etc.

Frequency range probably limited by VCO

Radios usually consist of two main blocks, a microprocessor and an RF deck. You can use software to change the frequency range that the processor will display. It is usual for the VCO in the RF deck to be aligned to work over a set frequency range, and possiblly a bit outside the advertised range. So even though the micro is displaying a frequency the VCO ,and therefore the radio , will not work unless it is aligned for that frequency. VCO alignment was done in the factory and may involve changing a capacitor or software to change the VCO parameters, or most likely both. I have not been able to find a VCO alignment procedure . Dont expect the radio to work outside the advertised bands unless you can realign the VCO.

Hey guys, I'm having issues getting a driver to work with the radio and cable. Could someone be so kind as to take a looky and see what driver windows is using please? I'm on Vista. Thanks.

Col.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.