• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Software Mod

Wouxun kg uv6d -Software Mod - TROUBLE

I am having a major trouble with unlocking the Wouxun kg uv6d :headbang

Apparently with all the drivers' & ports' crossed checked and in place as suggested the programming cable is able to read & write the handheld with Wouxun Programing Software & KG Commander..

But... problem starts' with the unlock applications be it ... 1KG-xxx-unlock.exe or Wouxun-Unlock.exe , it just throws up "connect failure" error. I have tried hitting "read" more that 10 dozen times' but it just doesn't work.... <can not stand it>

Can someone suggest me a way around for me to increase the frequency range ?

Cheers'

Na2oo
na2oo@outlook.com

I've found that the order inwhich things are connected and turned on can make a difference if the computer's ability, along with the software, to 'read' or find the @#$ port and radio (no idea why, I don't do programming). For my particular combination of computer and software and OS, plugging in that USB connector is one of the last things I do. I have no idea if this sort of 'behavior' is particular just to my set up or if it's a 'general' thing.
- 'Doc

(If it works, I'm a genius! If it doesn't, well, then you just screwed up. Right??)

I know this is a dead post and I am new to the forums but I got my KG-UV3D to pick up 120.6 Mhz, one of our local aircraft frequencies here. I've played with the radio a little with the unlock and have not had a lot of luck being able to tell my lowest ability to transmit, but I've gone down to 134, that is as low as I have somtehing that will receive it. But I'm at 120 for receive. I'll do more this weekend and figure out my ranges on it.

Is this unlock program still valid as Im picking up one of theses fine radio's soon and wondering if it will work on my new Wouxun KG-UVD1P.?

I like to open up the receive side to the max and slightly open up the transmit side to 350-520

Would you not want to receive in the full frequency spectrum.? Is this even possible.

I don't want to transmit beyond the radio's capability but I like to open it's full capabilities on the receive side.

VHF very high frequency 30MHz to 300MHz
UHF ultrahigh frequency 300MHz to 3000MHz

Any help in explaining how things work would be greatly appreciated as Im just starting out.

Last edited:
I have a Win 7 machine and the way I got the computer recognize the radio was to reboot the computer with the radio on & connected to the USB port

I been looking around and I think it's 15 over/under for VHF and 50 over/under for UHF out of band for the receive side and for the transmit Im just going to keep the factory setting at 136-174 & 400-470 as to not over work the radio.

Old post I know, but did anyone ever find a way to get a bricked unresponsive KG-UVD1P back to life again ?
Have a bricked one myself now...

It seems like you wrote your question in a bit of a hurry, so it is a bit hard to understand. Did you run the software mod on the radio first? Then what software did you use to program it, what settings did you use, and what steps did you take? Perhaps if you wrote up your procedures someone who knows more than me could be in a better position to help you.

In the event you bricked your radio, as I suspect I did, then the only hope would probably be along the lines of whether a hardware reset is possible, as I have already established that a software reset does not work. So far I have not been able to find any information as to whether it is possible to restore a bricked radio to factory defaults like you can a bricked router with a jig, or bricked Android phone.

I have a KG UV3D which seems to be resetting itself back to defaults. Does anyone know what might be causing this, or had a similar problem?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated