• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wouxun KG-UVD1P Software Mod

I've attached an updated version of the 1KG-xxx-unlock.exe file. It does the same thing as the one previously posted by Moleculo but this one has been translated to English:

73, aa9az

softmod.jpg

Attachments

• 1KG-xxx-unlock.ex_
    17 KB · Views: 688
One thing I like about this program is the ability to actually "restrict" frequencies. While many may want to go out of band, I want to ensure that no one grabbing my radio can do that (at least on transmit).

For me, I found that setting 144-147 and 430-449 was more than enough to ensure no one could transmit out of band, while leaving the receive function totally open. When using 147 it actually gives access right up to 147.999, and likewise for UHF.

I tried the modification from 400-470 to 350-470, the expansion works but there is no transmit at 350-399Mhz. Is there any modification has to be done inside the radio??

I tried the modification from 400-470 to 350-470, the expansion works but there is no transmit at 350-399Mhz. Is there any modification has to be done inside the radio??
That's what seems to happen with the later firmware versions sold, mine does the same.
Though I did just hear that there is now a version that does the J-07 versions properly. If anyone finds one newer than the image posted above please let us know.

UVD1P and unlock.exe and com cable

Hi at all,

i've a UVD1P and the program unlock.exe and the com cable for programming.
I start the program and try to read the configuration of radio.
The display blink, the display voltage, but returninug to dispaied frequencies.
After this , on screen appears a message "communication error".

What is the right procedure for use unlock.exe with com cable?
P.s. the puxin com cable it's the same of wouxun com cable?

many Thanks

Roberto iw2evk

Roberto,
I think your problem may be the USB driver you are using, which is fairly common. There are quite a few USB drivers, using the 'correct' one that your computer can work with seems to be the 'trick'.
Another fairly common problem is selecting the correct USB port. Using the control panel and finding out just which port that cable is on, then selecting that port to use, is the 'cure' for that. There are at least one or two programs that will do the changing or setting of that port, one of them is down loadable from the Wouxun internet site (and in the 'Wouxun' thread on this forum, I think).
'Wouxun's programming is NOT exactly very 'Plug-n-play', as you and the rest of us are finding out.
- 'Doc

[I'm still waiting on that programming cable for my HT. When it arrives, I will get to have the same 'fun' you are having now. I can hardly wait! :( ]

Roberto,
I think your problem may be the USB driver you are using, which is fairly common. There are quite a few USB drivers, using the 'correct' one that your computer can work with seems to be the 'trick'.
Another fairly common problem is selecting the correct USB port. Using the control panel and finding out just which port that cable is on, then selecting that port to use, is the 'cure' for that. There are at least one or two programs that will do the changing or setting of that port, one of them is down loadable from the Wouxun internet site (and in the 'Wouxun' thread on this forum, I think).
'Wouxun's programming is NOT exactly very 'Plug-n-play', as you and the rest of us are finding out.
- 'Doc

[I'm still waiting on that programming cable for my HT. When it arrives, I will get to have the same 'fun' you are having now. I can hardly wait! :( ]

I think I have posted this here before. But the first few times plugging the programming cable into the radio, it may take some effort. I had the connection error when I first plugged my cable in, then after searching the web, it seems this is a common problem with the Wouxun- that it takes a really good push to seat the programming cable in as far as it needs to be- a lot more effort than plugging headphones into the headphone jack on your PC.

Hi,

i don't use usb port : my cable it's com port > radio cable.
So i due use COM port.
But the i receive a comunication error when i try to read or write into the radio.
I try to use the programming utility from wouxun, but the program display the com port, but it's "unselectable" (light grey icon).
Someone have experience to expand frequency range via COM cable and unloc.exe?
Thanks

Roberto iw2evk

Roberto,
I think you will have to go to the 'Window's control panel, then 'Hardware & Sound', and then the 'Device Manager' to see what is the com-ports of your computer. If one of the selectable com-ports the 'Wouxun' programs displays is in use by another device, remove that device by means of the 'Device Manager'. That would be only temporary, until you are finished programming your radio, then the com-port may be returned to the use it was in before you changed it. It is 'complicated' and inconvenient, but I know of no other way of doing it. I think that the program furnished by Wouxun will be changed eventually, or someone will modify it to make things more convenient, but at present, it's how it has to be done.
Good luck.
- 'Doc

Hi Guys I just bought one of these radios that only goes to 470mhz,I also have one that goes to 480mhz so when i bought this one i just thought it was the same.I got the computer software with it and i tried downloading this unlock software but could not work it out how to make it go to 480mhz,so it will cover australian uhf CB.can you please give me more details on using it.thanks kym

I got my 2, yes two, KG-UVD2's a few hours ago. I downloaded the programming software and the modification software and ran it through it's paces. It took only 2 tries on one radio and maybe 7 tries on the other. I got used to programming this stuff in less than an hour of trying out a few things at a time and I am very happy how it turned out. I got the 420-520 version and later I'll get the 220 version.

I have a new KG-UV2D and am curious which of the two files to use for operating freq. expansion of this radio. Or does it make a difference so far as results and ease of programming?
I do have the programing cable and have succesfully programed both VHF and UHF amateur bands with the software supplied.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated