• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wow..$265 for a pound of fish.

I think it is a type of SUCKER fish. You would have to be a sucker to pay that much money for it. The show called "Wicked Tuna" have never been paid more than $30.00 per pound for the same fish.

I think it is a type of SUCKER fish. You would have to be a sucker to pay that much money for it. The show called "Wicked Tuna" have never been paid more than $30.00 per pound for the same fish.

That $30/lb is what the fisherman gets paid. The Japanese pay HUGE money for top quality tuna. A few years ago a local here caught a giant bluefin that weighed about 1200 pounds. He spot sold it for over $50,000. Now transport that to Japan and add the usual mark up and the price goes thru the roof. Something else too......when we go to Jamaica we bring back a couple pounds of certified Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. We pay $35/lb there for it. About 95% of it goes to Japan where they pay around $125/lb for it. Crazy prices for high demand products in Japan.

Reactions: Tallman
That $30/lb is what the fisherman gets paid. The Japanese pay HUGE money for top quality tuna. A few years ago a local here caught a giant bluefin that weighed about 1200 pounds. He spot sold it for over $50,000. Now transport that to Japan and add the usual mark up and the price goes thru the roof. Something else too......when we go to Jamaica we bring back a couple pounds of certified Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee. We pay $35/lb there for it. About 95% of it goes to Japan where they pay around $125/lb for it. Crazy prices for high demand products in Japan.

This is why we never see tuna caught by our fisherman in our waters in our supermarkets.

I was talking to a fish monger on Hatteras Island last September and he said fish markets and local restaurants can't get locally caught fish because the most of the catch is being exported.

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
This is why we never see tuna caught by our fisherman in our waters in our supermarkets.

I was talking to a fish monger on Hatteras Island last September and he said fish markets and local restaurants can't get locally caught fish because the most of the catch is being exported.

True especially when it comes to the larger game fish. Speaking of exporting, last year when we were at the resort in Ocho Rios Jamaica there was a culinary action station set up outside the main restaurant and they were serving up lobster tails in garlic butter. Out of habit I asked where the lobsters were from as most so-called lobsters do not have the large claws like the ones off the Atlantic coast. The chef laughed and said "Mon, we gots nuttin' but dee best! Dey juss arrived deese mornin' from Nova Scotcha." I laughed and told him next time ask me and I'll bring some down for him. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated