• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Wow! Dual band Chinese mobile - KT-8900 - $15CAN!!

There are several possible reasons why these are going so cheap. Newer models go up to 520 Mhz, so they are last year's model. Who knows, maybe they are from a container that was unclaimed freight or had been damaged in shipment, and were auctioned off by the insurance company. A lot of manufacturers overbuild things expecting big orders, and when they don't come they end up dumping them on the surplus market. There are a lot of legit reasons for the low pricing.

BTW - the "only one left" thing is just an inducement for people who are sitting on the fence to make the decision to buy. Four months ago I bought a set of fender flares for my truck from a seller in Thailand. The ad said only one left. He is still selling them and still says only one left.:whistle:

Agreed about the inducement to buy by claiming there is only one left. that seems to be an old tried and true trick.

... What a ripoff!
disappointed-but-relieved-faceeeeee-1.png

I just searched "programming cable for QYT KT-8900" on eBay radio communications and found a selection of them.

I don't think anybody is surprised. "If it sounds too good to be true..."
Are we forced to pay full price for the newest model now, so our new programming cables won't go to waste?

I just checked my PayPal and it is the same thing not accepted yet.
I always use the pay after delivery option. No shippy no money!.

You know it has to be a scam, it has all of the bait to make you take a big bite.
Inexpensive, feature packed, and available quickly.

Greed is our own worst enemy. I'm not saying anything bad here about anybody, I swallowed the bait hook, line, and sinker. I think I tasted metal and fiberglass too.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.