• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

WTB: Galaxy DX 95T2 and Cobra 200 GTL

ihv800

May 7, 2016
Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a Galaxy DX 95T2 and a Cobra 200 GTL. Looking for radios in good condition. Cosmetically is a must (not expecting perfection, just nice units) and also looking for good working units, though that's not a must as I like to tinker on things, but the price must reflect! The Galaxy would be my first choice to find, but looking for either or both!

I know both are a little hard come by, but just throwing it out there.

Thanks

Did you ever purchase the Magnum S9 you were looking for in back in May?

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a Galaxy DX 95T2 and a Cobra 200 GTL. Looking for radios in good condition. Cosmetically is a must (not expecting perfection, just nice units) and also looking for good working units, though that's not a must as I like to tinker on things, but the price must reflect! The Galaxy would be my first choice to find, but looking for either or both!

I know both are a little hard come by, but just throwing it out there.

Thanks
Hi, i have a Cobra 200 in good shape but it need a new driver in it let me know

Yea Cobra 200's are tough to find, most are either boat anchors or door stops these days. All kidding aside those were very bad radio's. If you do buy one I would try to make sure the one you get was near the end of the run. By then they had 80% of the problems ironed out and shops weren't over tuning them and they would actually last.

Yea Cobra 200's are tough to find, most are either boat anchors or door stops these days. All kidding aside those were very bad radio's. If you do buy one I would try to make sure the one you get was near the end of the run. By then they had 80% of the problems ironed out and shops weren't over tuning them and they would actually last.
I knew a guy that had one with a mild tune, and it rocked. Sounded really good with a D-104, too. I know the issues with them, but this guy must have gotten a really good one.

Good luck with the search!
Brett

Hi,i have a Cobra 200 GTL in good shape it needs a new driver in it let me if you are interested in it.Thanks

Sommerkamp, I'm interested! Shoot me a PM please, or email me at ihv800@yahoo.com, thanks!

I know the Cobra 200's aren't the highest regarded radio, but I've always wanted one just for the sake of having it. Not afraid to work on one if need be. I'm surprised what they bring on eBay considering the reputation... Hear pretty good things about the Galaxy, however. They seem to be really hard to find, though! More so than the Cobra. Hopefully the right radios for the right price show up! Thanks guys!

Reactions: 2RT307
I have the little brother to the Cobra 200...the Cobra 150 GTL DX.

Kinda looks similar. Has dual finals in an AM/FM chassis. Maybe even more rare? Would be cool to have both!;)

Most are in landfills after being stripped of the working transistors.

I actually really enjoyed the Cobra 200 up until it stopped transmitting - mine wasn't even tuned :) I got it repaired by Cobra and this it died again and they gave me a full refund. If they had gotten the TX section right on that radio it would have been a top seller and they'd still be selling them today. Got great reports on it. The nightwatch on it was great. Really a pity, that was a game changer for Cobra and the SSB market.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.