• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

X Force incredible screw up

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
A friend of mine bought a B biased TNT T600HD 4 pill and we took the cover off because it sure didn't sound good on ssb.
Look at what we found.....doesn't look like B biasing to me.003.JPG 001.JPG

What a ripoff, the whole TNT line should be b biased, wonder how many other guys got screwed with this scam?
That is nothing more than a run of the mill class c comp style amp....i would be on the phone telling someone they owe me money.....

Jeff

Reactions: Oatmeal and Mudfoot
Mine doesn't look like that one, it's an older one built by Carl I believe. It's built nice actually and does a great job on ssb. QC has gone down the tubes!

Carl is no longer doing X-Force, for the people that didn't know. He sold out to someone who worked for him, I think his name is Harlan. Could be why people are seeing changes with the new X-Force stuff.

~Cheers~

Imagine that..someone building 11 meters amps and doing shoddy work. Wow, what a surprise. This is unacceptable and should be reported to the FCC immediately. Sorry, tongue in cheek...first week back from vacation and I'm having a few cocktails. :)

Reactions: Tallman and Turbo T
Regardless, someone paid for what they did not get, bad fishie.
When Carl ran it, they were decent amps for what they are (or were?)
a cb style amp that a least had "some" bias.
It will be interesting to see how the new guy handles this costumer complaint.

umean zapco

Jeff

Imagine that..someone building 11 meters amps and doing shoddy work. Wow, what a surprise. This is unacceptable and should be reported to the FCC immediately. Sorry, tongue in cheek...first week back from vacation and I'm having a few cocktails. :)
Well have a few more cocktails and maybe you will fall asleep.

I suggested to him that he contact his credit card company and lodge a complaint stating he didn't get what he paid for......that's what I would do. Their phone line is worthless, never get an answer.....as far as answering emails, he asked them a question before buying and it took almost 2 weeks for an answer.

I believe Visa/mastercard would ask him to send it back with delivery confirmation and then credit his account. I recommend this amp to him so I feel bad.
It does work great on AM but fuzzy on SSB which is what he bought the thing for.

I suggested to him that he contact his credit card company and lodge a complaint stating he didn't get what he paid for......that's what I would do. Their phone line is worthless, never get an answer.....as far as answering emails, he asked them a question before buying and it took almost 2 weeks for an answer.

I believe Visa/mastercard would ask him to send it back with delivery confirmation and then credit his account. I recommend this amp to him so I feel bad.
It does work great on AM but fuzzy on SSB which is what he bought the thing for.
Two weeks to reply to a simple e-mail........that was his sign.

Two weeks to reply to a simple e-mail........that was his sign.

I would tend to agree... I've had vendors call me or email me within hours of sending my question. Previous to this, I had always heard pretty good things about the TNT lineup. I have been meaning to ask Goose Rider if he'd be willing to make some A/B biased amps that would be good for SSB, but never have gotten around to it. The pickin's are pretty slim out there for a clean SSB amp.

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.